Dylan "Stromboli" Strome Appreciation Thread 4

Will this thread be shutdown?

• Total voters

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
There's no way Colliton is replacing either with Strome.
'Course not...and I think we all know that. I was merely pointing out the fallacy of Strome coming back as a 3rd line winger. t.i.c.

Still hold out some hope that Strome's recent piss poor effort play was related to being concussed and the symptoms simply worsened to the point he had to go on the DL.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It is kind of ironic, I don't see my boy Musto posting in here much if all anymore...not sure why???
He's been out for a while, and prior to that he was in a slump. Not much to talk about on the Strome front.

Columbus is targeting centers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're making calls about Strome. Stan has a history of trading with them too.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I love the speed and tenacity of this team, we really don't need a turtle on this team, this guy can't be traded fast enough, I am stressed just thinking that be will be back in the lineup soon.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Strome should be traded regardless if Tazer returns or not
It really does feel like he doesn’t have a spot on the team anymore. It’ll be interesting to see what Stan targets if he tries to move him at the deadline.

He’s the 3C, at most, regardless of a Toews return. I agree that the Toews’ situation should not change what you decide to do with Strome.

It seems like every new guy they bring in just outplays Strome. Right now, he’s hardly among this team’s nine most important forwards, and that’s with Dach/Toews/Nylander out and with Reichel yet to come up.

The Hawks don’t need Strome.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He’s the 3C, at most, regardless of a Toews return. I agree that the Toews’ situation should not change what you decide to do with Strome.

It seems like every new guy they bring in just outplays Strome. Right now, he’s hardly among this team’s nine most important forwards, and that’s with Dach/Toews/Nylander out and with Reichel yet to come up.

The Hawks don’t need Strome.

The AHL needs strome

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Does Vince Dunn still want out of St. Louis? Maybe we can trick STL into buying the snake oil that is Strome in exchange for a decent and young middle pairing LHD. Dunn could potentially be a good partner for Boqvist or Mitchell, even Murphy.
I’d be so happy. Dunn is Wisniewski. He’d be an excellent addition. Love his game.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Worst because if success happens without recognizing the changes that need to occur, the player believes that the path that is traveled is now safe, and they get stuck in the same routine. For lack of better wording, "If you don't keep 'doing it better,' your competition will." In this case the competition is that which is on the team currently and fighting for minutes at center.
Red queen hypothesis, cool stuff

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Does Vince Dunn still want out of St. Louis? Maybe we can trick STL into buying the snake oil that is Strome in exchange for a decent and young middle pairing LHD. Dunn could potentially be a good partner for Boqvist or Mitchell, even Murphy.

Dunn for Strome would be a nice deal but Strome doesnt fit the STL player profile by a mile

ello

Jun 12, 2018
You should stop liking that idea. Mittelstadt and Thompson are worse than Strome.

A Dunn trade, as suggested, could work in favour of the Hawks. But I do think Beaudin deserves a roster spot. With Keith, De Haan, Zadorov, and then adding Dunn, there's a logjam.
Agreed, mittlestadt is just a smaller, less proven version of strome and Thompson reminds me too much of John Hayden

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Question kind of becomes would you rather give Mark Kelley a pick or Colliton a project
Colliton has done really well with the kids. I don't want to wait 3-4 seasons for a 2nd rounder to be ready. I'd rather take the chance that he can turn around Mittelstadt and Thompson. Thompson is at worst a 4th liner with size, and Mittelstadt can't really be much worse than Strome is now. Get those kids out of the toxic environment that is the Buffalo organization.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad