Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 4 days) - last preseason game

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 145 60.7%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 15.1%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Forget last season, forget preseason, Wednesday night is a clean slate. Night one.

But I think they’re gonna get ****ing spanked o_O

Which means it’ll be a good game.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
One thing I do know for sure this camp has taken some of the winds of optimism out of my sails.
Our overall level of execution has been really bad starting with that prospects challenge.
I hope we've been playing a lot of rope-a-dope because...
YUCK.
I really think the coaches need to develop the way the kids have.................and at this point, the coaching has been awful
That said, it's preseason so.......................let's hope Grillo upstairs has a plan for MSL.
We can hope the rope a dope in the preseason will have worked, and we surprise many teams waiting for us...........

Reactions: The Real Timo

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pretty sure this is the race we will be following more closely by Christmas…

This is why I was hoping the Habs wouldn't really improve.

Roger MacQueen, or Porter Martone would be massive gets.

If Calgary is alright and the Habs get 11-15th they can grab another stud prospect.

Use the later picks (2nds, late 1sts) to take homerun swings and if they're kind of working out you got ammo to trade. If they really work out you got some very good, tough decisions to make

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Forget last season, forget preseason, Wednesday night is a clean slate. Night one.

But I think they’re gonna get ****ing spanked o_O

Which means it’ll be a good game.
I am getting beer and wings and I know I will regret it. (all the preparation and stuff. I will still enjoy beer and my world famous wings).

This is why I was hoping the Habs wouldn't really improve.

Roger MacQueen, or Porter Martone would be massive gets.

If Calgary is alright and the Habs get 11-15th they can grab another stud prospect.

Use the later picks (2nds, late 1sts) to take homerun swings and if they're kind of working out you got ammo to trade. If they really work out you got some very good, tough decisions to make
We are picking top 5 again this year. Not to worry.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Did the Habs send Condotta, Trudeau and Gignac back down already?
I find it weird there was no cut after the game yesterday.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I really think the coaches need to develop the way the kids have.................and at this point, the coaching has been awful
That said, it's preseason so.......................let's hope Grillo upstairs has a plan for MSL.
We can hope the rope a dope in the preseason will have worked, and we surprise many teams waiting for us...........
I don't know Grillo but if he is any good, let's hope he is THE plan and eventually MSL can move upstairs or sideways or whatever and team can take a step forward in a coaching department. MSL is a nice person, no doubt, but so was Rejean Houle. Rope and dope time is over. Time to start winning games.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Cole Caufield not looking completely average and ineffective 95% of the time would go a long way in us not sucking completely this season.

I might take some flack for this. But that contract could look like a real anchor in short order if he doesn't find and even add to his game..

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Cole Caufield not looking completely average and ineffective 95% of the time would go a long way in us not sucking completely this season.

I might take some flack for this. But that contract could look like a real anchor in short order if he doesn't find and even add to his game..
If he stays a 30-30 guy, the contract is fine.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Our first line and top pairings are going to have to find a way to stay close or win that GF/GA against the top lines.
Particularly if we continue to struggle on the PP. -12 on the PP because of shorties kills us. Then we weren't very good 6v5 either.
We need to cut those in half for starters.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I've seen a lot more bad faith thrown torwards MSL than Barron.

If your answer is Barron, it might have more to do with your own preferences.

But aside all this, yeah sure, we'll pretend a #5-6D on a crappy team gets more hate than the coach.
I fully expect Marty to tighten the ship somewhat this season.
The players themselves are all talking about it.
The question will be do we have enough talent to better our production while concentrating on cutting the goals against.
It's a tough balancing act with so many unknowns.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
like I said since last year, we are 4 players away from being a playoff bubble team. Our bottom lines are really bad, there's nothing after our first two. Our blueline has issues and who knows about the goaltending. Probably decent enough if our team knew how to play in the defensive zone.

They are hanging onto Barron like he's a gem, he isn't. What you see is what you get. Teams are going to roll over our bottom lines again and physically dominate us down low. Last night didn't mean anything, but we are the same team heading into Tuesday for the most part.

Laine would have been a nice treat to watch

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The question will be do we have enough talent to better our production while concentrating on cutting the goals against.
What the team lack is players who will win the puck near the board and then don't put it into a worst position. It was an abyssmal display last night, from the vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad