Dylan Larkin Or Nico Hischier?

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Dylan is underrated but Hischier is a selke level forward while producing at an almost identical rate.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Dylan is underrated but Hischier is a selke level forward while producing at an almost identical rate.
In seasons he plays 78-82 games in his prime he can probably touch 90 a few times; or he could average it idk, NJ had a drastically bad season last year and prior he had 80 in 81 with no Timo Meier half the season (and him not settled in)

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
I’m way biased, but when you add in off ice intangibles, I think Larkin has the leadership and locker room edge while Hirschier is better on the ice in the O zone.

Last edited:

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I’m way biased, but when you add in off ice intangibles, I think Larkin has the leadership and locker room edge while butcher is better on the ice in the O zone.
Nico has also been a captain for a while now - and may remain so for a very long time

Not to say you arent correct - just something to consider. A calming presence is what he is (if I had to guess; who really knows)

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think Hischier is the stronger 5v5 player both offensively and defensively while Larkin is better on special teams. I tend to prefer 5v5 play so I’d take Hischier though I don’t think there’s a huge gap. Both are somewhere in the top 15/top 20 range among centers. Though Hischier probably has a bit more upside still.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I like Larkin. Redwings were a joke when he got Injured.

I think he's got more dog in him than Nico.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think i give the slight edge to Hischier, as i like his defensive game a smidge better, and offensively, i think he's got just a bit more "versatility" to him as a 5v5 scorer. But it's a good poll. I think they're both in a pretty similar range...and Larkins speed and ability to attack with it is a bit of an x-factor that i could see some prioritizing, even though Hischier isn't slow or anything - just find him a little less dynamic there, but more methodical.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
This is very close and I see both in the lower end 1C (20-32 range). Larkin is definitely flashier and has a slightly higher offensive ceiling. He's probably also better on the PP. I would take Nico because he controls the tempo 5v5 and is more rounded. Can't really go wrong with either.

Reactions: biturbo19

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Hischier is one of the best 5v5 players in the league in terms of dominating play both ways, regardless of linemates.

His PP impact leaves something to be desired though.

If you have a Kucherov or Hughes or Kaprizov etc (another stud to be the engine for PP production), you almost certainly take Hischier.

If you don't have that and you have a very much struggling power play, you may go for Larkin.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i basically only watch detroit so no opinion on nico . but from reading fan opinions here over the years ide say larkins game isnt respected enough because hes not elite offensively or flashy . but the guy is on his horse 24/7 = elite motor on both sides of puck , constantly carrying the puck up then making succesful passes . constantly hounding the puck when its up for grabs or on opponants stick . exellent wheels and leadership qualitys . and his entire career playing on a very weak roster with minimal help from his dmen and wingers til raymond arrived last season . his best wingers have basically been mantha and bertuzzi , notice theyve both done lesser after leaving larks wing . and most the time coach was blash whose no longer a head coach . if larkin would have came up on a good team he'd be seen as an elite star by now , a center that can do excellent in every situation including hounding top opponant centers . but most fans dont watch him enough to grasp this and instead arent impressed by his offensive numbers . and hes thee exact wrong guy to judge by offensive numbers because his all around / every situation game is up there with the best . plus hes rugged and can deal with heavy traffic , and keeps his teammates fired up with his great attitude and high iq

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
i basically only watch detroit so no opinion on nico . but from reading fan opinions here over the years ide say larkins game isnt respected enough because hes not elite offensively or flashy . but the guy is on his horse 24/7 = elite motor on both sides of puck , constantly carrying the puck up then making succesful passes . constantly hounding the puck when its up for grabs or on opponants stick . exellent wheels and leadership qualitys . and his entire career playing on a very weak roster with minimal help from his dmen and wingers til raymond arrived last season . his best wingers have basically been mantha and bertuzzi , notice theyve both done lesser after leaving larks wing . and most the time coach was blash whose no longer a head coach . if larkin would have came up on a good team he'd be seen as an elite star by now , a center that can do excellent in every situation including hounding top opponant centers . but most fans dont watch him enough to grasp this and instead arent impressed by his offensive numbers . and hes thee exact wrong guy to judge by offensive numbers because his all around / every situation game is up there with the best . plus hes rugged and can deal with heavy traffic , and keeps his teammates fired up with his great attitude and high iq
Exactly. Larkin is a very good player stuck on a really bad team. He has no supporting cast. Hischier has Jack Hughes playing centre ahead of him who gets all the top checkers. Larking has nobody.

Reactions: Evergreen

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I've never been as impressed with Larkin compared with the relative hype he gets. On the flip side, Hischier is always impressing me.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Hischier has a far better supporting cast.
Hischier dominated in 22-23 with Tomas Tatar and Dawson Mercer as his primary linemates.

This is very close and I see both in the lower end 1C (20-32 range). Larkin is definitely flashier and has a slightly higher offensive ceiling. He's probably also better on the PP. I would take Nico because he controls the tempo 5v5 and is more rounded. Can't really go wrong with either.
Both are 100% in the mid teens.

I question naming 19 centers who have been better

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell

Tough for Nico when you got both Hughes dictating PP1, I'm sure Hish would be a lot better if he was the first or second option

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Tough for Nico when you got both Hughes dictating PP1, I'm sure Hish would be a lot better if he was the first or second option
Yeah he's put in a netfront role that probably isn't suited best for him.

Although he's never really led a high level PP. If hughes was better in the dot I'd replace Hischier with Noesen on PP1 considering how well Noesen excelled as netfront on the PP in carolina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad