Dylan Larkin Or Nico Hischier?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I appreciate your detailed analysis. My one thought is that I think your stats might be skewed by the fact that teams with the best PPs more frequently end the PP early (i.e. before the second unit has a chance to get out there). So those PPs will have a higher % of PP TOI given to their top forwards.

It’s interesting that even though Edmonton’s top forwards play the highest % of the PP time of any team, they actually have lower PP TOI per game than NJ’s top guns because they are ending PPs quickly.
Yeah I considered that aspect as well, great call out.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Larkin, basically has to do it all by himself.

C depth on the Red Wings is terrible.
Indeed...Poor bastard has only played in 5 playoff games (his rookie season 2015/2016) in his 9 seasons of NHL hockey.

The Red Wing teams he's been on are complete s**t compared to former Red Wing now GM Yzerman had ever been...He'll likely continue his near ppg play along with solid defensive awareness, but I'd be shocked if he ever saw a game past the 1st round of the playoffs in what's left of his career.

He's basically the Red Wings...When he's not in the line up, or not having a good game - it really shows.

Reactions: bert

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I’m way biased, but when you add in off ice intangibles, I think Larkin has the leadership and locker room edge while Hirschier is better on the ice in the O zone.
It's always funny hearing people online talking about who the better leader and locker room guys are even they'll never step foot in any of the lockers.

You have no idea who the better locker room guy is so just keep it about what you know.

Hischier is the better player

Hischier dominated in 22-23 with Tomas Tatar and Dawson Mercer as his primary linemates.

Both are 100% in the mid teens.

I question naming 19 centers who have been better
Neither are top 20 C

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Jack Hughes gets the opponents’ top checking forwards and D. Hughes is the guy on Jersey, so Hischier benefits from that. Larkin is the guy in Detroit.
Stats show this is wrong. Hischier has the toughest usage by far in the group of him, Hughes and Larkin.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Stats show this is wrong. Hischier has the toughest usage by far in the group of him, Hughes and Larkin.

Toughest usage usually relates to playing the other team’s best players, not necessarily their best defensive players, which is what that poster was implying. Though I don’t think either situation is necessarily “better” since you’re either against players better at stopping you or more of your focus needs to be on stopping the other team.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
It's always funny hearing people online talking about who the better leader and locker room guys are even they'll never step foot in any of the lockers.

You have no idea who the better locker room guy is so just keep it about what you know.

Hischier is the better player

Neither are top 20 C
Name them, name the 20 Cs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad