Dylan Guenther scores the first goal for the Utah HC!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Assist from Kesselring. Lol, Kesselring. The name cracks me up every time.
1728442762168.png

Dirby Kach

Sep 2, 2009
First goal as Utah - not first goal as a franchise.
ESPN was trying to sell this as an expansion club and i'm not buying it. Sorry.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, I questioned the contract at first, but this guy is the real deal. Will be one of the better contracts in the NHL.
I never hated the contract. Some risk of course, but he's always been a top prospect (player now), so it's reasonable to assume it's a slight overpayment now that turns into a steal. I like teams paying top young players early, as opposed to paying players on the downswing.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
So they entered the season without a name and chose basically the most stereotypical jersey colors and design. I'm disappointed. Everything feels amateurish, except the win.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Based on what I seen from this team, they have a team. A solid team. One that I can see surprising and making the playoffs.

One striking thing out of all this is how you can see how much the team improved over relocating.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
utah looks solid and could easily pick up a wild card spot i think players look relaxed and happy af to finally be in a settled place with what looks like good ownership

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
So they entered the season without a name and chose basically the most stereotypical jersey colors and design. I'm disappointed. Everything feels amateurish, except the win.

We still doing this? The generic feel is absolutely on purpose until they launch their full identity. They felt internally they needed around 18 months to fully vet, get fan input, design, brand, license and complete a full identity rollout. They had 6 months. So instead of a half-baked concept that would be hard to move on from, the decision to be as generic as possibles (aside from the introduction of a sky blue and black color palette which would preserve a certain fan aesthetic in the stands in the future) was an absolute choice.

None of the fans in Utah care right now - initial season momentum is a thing. And it’s a pretty smart marketing move because if gives the club an another huge media opportunity next summer and a chance to double dip on retail merch. This Utah HC stuff is a one-off and will essentially be inaugural season kitsch collectibles a couple decades from now despite its inherently boring nature. Meanwhile, everybody will re-buy more stuff next summer when the official brand is rolled out.

Anyways…all that hand-wringing about “Guenther who?” in his contract extension thread is going to look so ridiculous by the end of this season. Kid is a goal machine.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
The franchise has been sniffing at being good for a few years so they certainly could break through this year, but I think some of you are putting a lot of stock in a win over Chicago who I think will not be a very good team this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad