Dylan Guenther or Juraj Slafkovsky?

Who will be the better player long term?

• Dylan Guenther and it's not even close

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Dylan Guenther but it's close

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Equal

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • Juraj Slafkovsky but it's close

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • Juraj Slafkovsky and it's not even close

Votes: 24 25.3%

• Total voters

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why am I talking about Slaf and Guenther in a thread about Slaf vs Guenther?

Think that one over for a second.

Also you replied to me lmao.

Slaf has bad defensive results and takes a lot of penalties while trying to defend. Yet the perception of him doesn't reflect that.

You see it CONSTANTLY where guys who are physical are viewed as good defensively, regardless of whether they actually are.

And guys who aren't physical are viewed as bad defensively, regardless of whether they actually are
You keep trying to change the topic. He's not a bad defensive player. Slafkovsky is good defensively. The comparison between the two is irrelevant when talking about an individual. It's not a one is good, other is bad situation. Think for a second. Try watching for a second. Your bizarre shtick on attacking everything about the Habs got old a year ago.

Reactions: MoneyManny

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
You keep trying to change the topic. He's not a bad defensive player. Slafkovsky is good defensively. The comparison between the two is irrelevant when talking about an individual. It's not a one is good, other is bad situation. Think for a second. Try watching for a second. Your bizarre shtick on attacking everything about the Habs got old a year ago.
What makes him a good defensive player? Because his defensive results are not good.

What makes him a better defensive player than Guenther? Because Guenther had better defensive results.

If Slafkofsky is better defensively than Guenther, why did Guenther have better defensive results?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
But keep avoiding the question.

Slaf has worse defensive results.

I even did most of the work for you, offering you potential reasons to explain how Slaf could be better defensively while still having worse results.

Such as Slafs linemates being worse.

Or the Dcore behind slaf being worse.

Or the coach slaf has being significantly worse.

You didn't seem to want to actually commit to any of these tho, because that would mean criticizing another MTL player.

It must be tough to stay in a delicate balance of both blaming everyone and nobody on MTL, whenever it is convenient.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
in this point of their careers I'd expect Guenther to be a bit better which he is. However the Slafkovsky train is getting powered up and has a good chance to pass Guenther in the next year or two.
This is the medium answer.

Reactions: dgibb10

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
He's avoiding YOUR question, not THE question.

Which is the right thing to do, considering your post history.
I apologize for making habs fans actually justify things.

Slaf had bad defensive results and took a lot of penalties.

Guenther also did not have good defensive results, but they were better than Slafs.

I have laid out the dcores behind them, the linemates they have, their utilization.

He has yet to provide anything beyond "Slaf is good defensively because I claim he is", and deflections where he gets upset that I'm comparing him to Dylan Guenther in a thread about comparing him to Dylan Guenther

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
But keep avoiding the question.

Slaf has worse defensive results.

I even did most of the work for you, offering you potential reasons to explain how Slaf could be better defensively while still having worse results.

Such as Slafs linemates being worse.

Or the Dcore behind slaf being worse.

Or the coach slaf has being significantly worse.

You didn't seem to want to actually commit to any of these tho, because that would mean criticizing another MTL player.

It must be tough to stay in a delicate balance of both blaming everyone and nobody on MTL, whenever it is convenient.
Apparently my response was deleted when I asked why you continue to harp on Habs players unnecessarily. Your question has absolutely nothing to do with what I originally commented on. I don't care about what you're asking.

Let's review one more time, so you'll stop.

You claimed that Slafkovsky is only seen as good defensively because he hits. I responded that you clearly don't watch him play.

You decided to go on this meandering back and forth trying to compare Guenther to Slafkovsky.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's avoiding YOUR question, not THE question.

Which is the right thing to do, considering your post history.
Exactly. I'm not getting drawn into a back and forth troll fest. I've seen enough of his takes to know that's what he wants.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Apparently my response was deleted when I asked why you continue to harp on Habs players unnecessarily. Your question has absolutely nothing to do with what I originally commented on. I don't care about what you're asking.

You claimed that Slafkovsky is only seen as good defensively because he hits. I responded that you clearly don't watch him play.

You decided to go on this meandering back and forth trying to compare Guenther to Slafkovsky.
Juraj Slafkofsky is not good defensively. He does not have good defensive results.

As evidenced by this board post, a number of people seem to think he is (at least better than Guenther), with most of said posts mentioning his size or physicality or power forward in some way.

This is a common phenomenon seen across the league's fans.

If it makes you feel better, YOU can be someone overrating Slafkofsky's defense because you're a homer, instead of someone who does it because they can't differentiate between physicality and defense.

Again, I am sorry for trying to compare Guenther and Slafkofsky in the thread titled

"Dylan Guenther or Juraj Slafkovsky?"​

Whether they overrate physical players or simply underrate not physical players, it doesn't make a difference. Despite Guenther having better results defensively than Slafkofsky, he is percieved lesser as a 2 way player because of physicality.

Exactly. I'm not getting drawn into a back and forth troll fest. I've seen enough of his takes to know that's what he wants.
Anything to avoid having to back up a claim eh?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

You seem to be forgetting that you replied to me.

"Why are you talking about the point you made that I replied to when I don't want to talk about that but I also don't want to back up the point I tried to make"

If you don't want to talk about Slafkofsky's defense, and you don't want to talk about Guenther's defense, and you don't want to talk about the general overrating of physical players 2 way abilities, then don't reply to the comment talking about those 3 things lmao.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Juraj Slafkofsky is not good defensively. He does not have good defensive results.

As evidenced by this board post, a number of people seem to think he is (at least better than Guenther), with most of said posts mentioning his size or physicality or power forward in some way.

This is a common phenomenon seen across the league's fans.

If it makes you feel better, YOU can be someone overrating Slafkofsky's defense because you're a homer, instead of someone who does it because they can't differentiate between physicality and defense.

Again, I am sorry for trying to compare Guenther and Slafkofsky in the thread titled

"Dylan Guenther or Juraj Slafkovsky?"​

Whether they overrate physical players or simply underrate not physical players, it doesn't make a difference. Despite Guenther having better results defensively than Slafkofsky, he is percieved lesser as a 2 way player because of physicality.

Anything to avoid having to back up a claim eh?

You seem to be forgetting that you replied to me.

"Why are you talking about the point you made that I replied to when I don't want to talk about that but I also don't want to back up the point I tried to make"

If you don't want to talk about Slafkofsky's defense, and you don't want to talk about Guenther's defense, and you don't want to talk about the general overrating of physical players 2 way abilities, then don't reply to the comment talking about those 3 things lmao.

Take a deep breath and relax. This is ridiculous. Slafkovsky is an excellent player. Guenther is a great player too. Both can be reliable defensively.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Take a deep breath and relax. This is ridiculous. Slafkovsky is an excellent player. Guenther is a great player too. Both can be reliable defensively.
Both can be. Neither have been*, although guenther is closer to mediocre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad