Player Discussion: Dylan DeMelo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Seems the moves are starting to happen. Going to be interesting to see if it's yet another slow day on deadline day lol.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
That's fair.

Looking back on my posts it seems I am being overly harsh. I'm not trying to say it's a horrible trade just that I don't like the mentality of trading for rentals in years where the only upside is sneaking into the playoffs. I do like the player and the value, and if we re-sign him it becomes a coup so it could work out great still and it's not a huge risk.

I also don't like the fact that we only have 4 picks now in the upcoming draft, when we are currently the worst we have been in 3 years.

What it looks like to me is that you want the real world to look like a video game.

1 it’s probably a weak draft class this year so the value of that 3rd is already low.

2. We need something on our D
Now just to stay competitive night in night out never mind playoffs no matter what happens there was always gonna be a cost.

3. We ate one of the youngest teams in the NHL and we have been getting younger every year. Is a third round maybe someday youngster, something we really must retain?

We have very little that I would be happy trading other than picks. You
Would prefer we loose a piece of The homegrown talent we’ve been very carefully cultivateing?

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I know nothing about this fellow. But, looking at the numbers it seems like he's an inexpensive, low-risk addition who is immediately better than at least 2 of our D. So hey, why not.

Reactions: GNP

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
What it looks like to me is that you want the real world to look like a video game.

1 it’s probably a weak draft class this year so the value of that 3rd is already low.

2. We need something on our D
Now just to stay competitive night in night out never mind playoffs no matter what happens there was always gonna be a cost.

3. We ate one of the youngest teams in the NHL and we have been getting younger every year. Is a third round maybe someday youngster, something we really must retain?

We have very little that I would be happy trading other than picks. You
Would prefer we loose a piece of The homegrown talent we’ve been very carefully cultivateing?
I have no idea why you mentioned anything about video games.

No my preference was to not trade for rentals, I made that quite clear.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Wow, this might be a great trade.

Not the usual fourth rounder for Morrow/Beaulieu, so expectations are high! :sarcasm:

Reactions: GNP

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I don't know the player, but based on what others have said, he has a similar playing style to Hamonic.

If things work out this year, maybe he would be a cheaper, younger, top 4 RHD to pursue beyond this year.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Like the move.

I’m thinking Chevy might not be done either.

Maybe he moves Kulikov for a 2nd or 3rd, too? As a pending UFA.

Wouldn’t that be kinda counterintuitive after this trade? This is a “buy” so why would we “sell” Kulikov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad