Value of: Dylan Cozens to the Flames

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I can't see him being moved. They picked him over Mitts and with his contract, they're not going to get what they feel is fair value.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
You got a better center you would trade for him? If not, it just not worth it.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Yes, Cozens is frustrating right now. I still don't believe he's a center... But I can't imagine a reasonable trade ask that the Flames would be willing to offer.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Yes, Cozens is frustrating right now. I still don't believe he's a center... But I can't imagine a reasonable trade ask that the Flames would be willing to offer.
I think it comes down to 2 questions

1. Are the Flames very confident that they can get Cozens going?
2: Are the Sabres ready to take a step out of the rebuild phase?

If the answer to yes to both, then there could be room for something to be built around Cozens and Kadri

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Cozens isn’t getting traded but yes he’s getting major heat from the fanbase right now for his play the last 365.

I do think moving Cozens for a bigger package instead of Mitts and signing Mitts to a cheaper deal and letting him be the 2C was probably the move. But hindsight is 20/20 and I wouldn’t have said that last year.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

If the answer to yes to both, then there could be room for something to be built around Cozens and Kadri
If we are trading Cozens then Kadri can't be the main asset we get back. That contract is too ick.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If we are trading Cozens then Kadri can't be the main asset we get back. That contract is too ick.
His contract is excellent value. It's perhaps too long. He's 2M underpaid at least right now though. Cozens is the player that's overpaid and has an ick contract. I'm not really interested in Cozens. I'd prefer to target a guy who hasn't really gotten a top 6 opportunity instead of a guy who has not made good use of the excellent shot they've been given. Krebs would be my target from Buffalo.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

Would you trade Zary for another Kadri?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Buffalo is trading Cozens your best C prospect would come back along with Anderssen and something else.

Buffalo will not take back Kadri in any deal

Cozens in a slump now…yes

• Haha
Reactions: HighLifeMan

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I just don't see a fit between the Sabres and Flames for Cozens. Given that we don't have Mitts anymore and that McLeod is fitting in perfectly as our 3C, we'd need a legit 2C coming back.......that isn't already 34 years old with 3 more years left on his contract.

We're certainly NOT trading Cozens for a Flames Dman (given the Mitts-for-Byram swap). And we're not trading him for a prospect, given that our stated goal is to win now.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I just don't see a fit between the Sabres and Flames for Cozens. Given that we don't have Mitts anymore and that McLeod is fitting in perfectly as our 3C, we'd need a legit 2C coming back.......that isn't already 34 years old with 3 more years left on his contract.

We're certainly NOT trading Cozens for a Flames Dman (given the Mitts-for-Byram swap). And we're not trading him for a prospect, given that our stated goal is to win now.
Pretty sure he has 4 years left on his contract AFTER this year. He's signed to 2029. Peeps pretending this contract doesn't suck are delusional.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If Buffalo is trading Cozens your best C prospect would come back along with Anderssen and something else.

Buffalo will not take back Kadri in any deal

Cozens in a slump now…yes
So two point Cousins for Andersson (who is playing like he could win the Norris), Honzek +. Seems realistic :eyeroll:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I doubt Buffalo is looking to shift him anywhere at the moment. They don't have a ready replacement and while his raw point totals are down, he and one of his linemates (Benson or Kulich depending on the night) have been getting shots/chances. It'll start to happen soon - always more worried about players who aren't getting anything than those who are but are snake bitten.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
27 shots, 0 goals. If his line had a little more puck luck this season the conversation might be a bit different. For buffalo it becomes how can you acquire a 2C and move him to wing. Only other option is Krebs. Cozens is also notoriously streaky. Every season he probably has two 15 game goal-less droughts.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Trading Andersson for anyone right now seems crazy to me.

Guys too good. I think they have to wait for the summer and offer a huge contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad