Value of: Dylan Cozens to the Flames

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I can't see him being moved. They picked him over Mitts and with his contract, they're not going to get what they feel is fair value.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
You got a better center you would trade for him? If not, it just not worth it.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Yes, Cozens is frustrating right now. I still don't believe he's a center... But I can't imagine a reasonable trade ask that the Flames would be willing to offer.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Something around Andersson for Cozens might have made some sense before the Sabres traded Mittelstadt. Now as it stands, they don't have the center depth to be able to trade Cozens

Reactions: MOGlLNY

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Yes, Cozens is frustrating right now. I still don't believe he's a center... But I can't imagine a reasonable trade ask that the Flames would be willing to offer.
I think it comes down to 2 questions

1. Are the Flames very confident that they can get Cozens going?
2: Are the Sabres ready to take a step out of the rebuild phase?

If the answer to yes to both, then there could be room for something to be built around Cozens and Kadri

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Cozens isn’t getting traded but yes he’s getting major heat from the fanbase right now for his play the last 365.

I do think moving Cozens for a bigger package instead of Mitts and signing Mitts to a cheaper deal and letting him be the 2C was probably the move. But hindsight is 20/20 and I wouldn’t have said that last year.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I think it comes down to 2 questions

1. Are the Flames very confident that they can get Cozens going?
2: Are the Sabres ready to take a step out of the rebuild phase?

If the answer to yes to both, then there could be room for something to be built around Cozens and Kadri
If we are trading Cozens then Kadri can't be the main asset we get back. That contract is too ick.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If we are trading Cozens then Kadri can't be the main asset we get back. That contract is too ick.
His contract is excellent value. It's perhaps too long. He's 2M underpaid at least right now though. Cozens is the player that's overpaid and has an ick contract. I'm not really interested in Cozens. I'd prefer to target a guy who hasn't really gotten a top 6 opportunity instead of a guy who has not made good use of the excellent shot they've been given. Krebs would be my target from Buffalo.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad