Ducks to broadcast every game for free

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crosstraffic

Mar 15, 2015
Yorba Linda, CA
I wish the Kings could pull the same deal with one of the other Socal channels that would work. (KTLA 5 (owned by Nexstar and a CW affiliate), KCAL 9 (CBS owned and operated as an independent, currently shows news 8-10:30pm, after a 2 hour block of Family Feud (repeats and new eps), and KPAX 30, Scripps owned and operated as Ion, which currently shows 24/7 reruns of shows like Law and Order, Chicago PD and Blue Bloods)

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
So all Ducks and Stars games are free in Victory+ ?

Guess I’ll use Victory+ when the Oilers play those team instead of using Pirate+
You'll need a VPN with a server within the TV territory of the team you want to watch - although it's possible that they might block all VPN access. These are still regional games so they will limited to the team's TV territory.

Reactions: TheNumber4

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Pens/Pirates have a streaming service for $18 a month now. Instead of paying $85 a month on cable just to watch hockey it’s now been decoupled. Thank God.

Sometimes i feel like i'm living in an alternate reality, when people say things like this. Different markets, but for ages, i've had "cable" way beyond what is necessary to just watch the regional teams hockey games (2 teams even), and massively more including on demand access to multiple services that cost more than $18 by themselves (like HBO, Crave, Starz, whatever)...for like half that. It's smaller than my internet bill when bundled together.

I absolutely hate the way that everything has fragmented into a million pieces so i have to have a plethora of different subscriptions now, that add up to more than just...having everything on one service. Decoupling is ass in terms of a user experience as well, when you have to always keep track of where any particular content is going on any given item and constantly shifting over time.

Like now it's so decoupled i'm gonna have to get another stupid service i don't necessarily want, if i want to watch certain games in Canada and they're on Amazon? Which i have anyway, but it's so dumb. And bad.

Free games for local area is pretty wicked for Ducks fans, and other teams that have gone that direction. Back to the days when your basic TV package covered you off pretty well.

Reactions: MCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad