Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
Yet the players are going to be in the same locker room, on the same buses, hanging out with players on opposing teams.

what an idiotic decision. Should just cancel the season
Lol makes absolutely no sense. What’s the difference between being close in proximity in a battle for the puck and hitting someone? Will the no hitting rule also imply keeping a social distance from teammates and opponents on the ice?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Well, hopefully we get our guys out of that league. Trying to understand the science behind bodychecking increasing the chance of Covid transmission is tough. If they are truly worried then don't play at all.

They should wear these on the ice.

hot-bubble-football-game-top-quality-100.jpg

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder if OHL can/may have an AHL option for just next year? Where teams can have their players in the A where there will be contact/proper development and go back to the old agreement after there's a normal world (or at least contact jr sports) again.

GibsonIsGod666

Jul 15, 2020
This might be an irrational and purely emotional take, but I can't see any of our prospects developing properly in the CHL if there is no hitting. I wonder if Drysdale and Perreault could go to the NCAA in Spring and just play in college. That might be the best path imo.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
This might be an irrational and purely emotional take, but I can't see any of our prospects developing properly in the CHL if there is no hitting. I wonder if Drysdale and Perreault could go to the NCAA in Spring and just play in college. That might be the best path imo.

NCAA considers the CHL "pro hockey" and therefore you're ineligible to play college if you're in the chl. Realistically the options would be junior A or overseas.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Thrun scored the OT winner and was named 1st star in a 6-5 preseason win. His pairing was also the only pairing to not be on the ice for a goal against.

EDIT: Here's the clip. Very impressive play.

I seriously think that this time next year Thrun will clearly be our best prospect outside of Zegras Drysdale and Dostal.

Going to the USHL may be the best thing for his development of his offense.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Playing for a 2nd consecutive night, Dostal stops 35 of 37 in a 3-2 win against a team that had only 1 loss coming into the game (and one of the goals against was with 9 seconds left).

Best logo in sports, by the way.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah the logo is too scary to even put as a Halloween decoration.

But the pope tweet by Ilves is legendary. As is Dostal's performance the past 3 seasons there.

Reactions: Masch78

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Goalie seemed wobble up a bit just before the shot but this is great to see. Lundy needs some confidence in his goal scoring.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Im tempering my excitement on Lundstrom because he is playing in a league that is below his level. If he wasnt performing I would be concerned.
Same here. It seems like he plays a lot at even strength with Jonathan Dahlen, who is a 2ppg player at this level. Still good to see Isac’s offense coming around.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Allsvenskan is a decent league as far as I know.
Small sample size but #11 pick of the same draft Wahlstrom, has 4p in 6 games and is -4 in there: Oliver Wahlstrom at eliteprospects.com

Allsvenkan is a really good league, it isn’t that much worse than the AHL. It’s not like the NA leagues where there is clear separation between leagues with teams using their AHL affiliate as a development team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad