Ducks next captain…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I've been against naming a transitional captain, but I'm starting to come around to the idea. If Terry or Fowler were going to be the guys, they would've been by now. The younger guys need more time to develop into a leadership role and I can get behind the idea of them looking to Gudas as an example of what they need to become if they want the role.

Sidenote: Imagine if we had Gudas for the years we had Shattenkirk. This team would've been captain-less for a much shorter period of time if this rumor/speculation has any merit to it.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
For what it's worth, EA NHL's newest trailer had Fowler wearing the "A" on the jersey quite prominently. I'm pretty sure that if we have a new captain this season, it's going to be Gudas.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
For what it's worth, EA NHL's newest trailer had Fowler wearing the "A" on the jersey quite prominently. I'm pretty sure that if we have a new captain this season, it's going to be Gudas.
They better announce a captain.. lol. Its getting ridiculous

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Judging by all the publicity videos Vatrano has been in. I gotta feeling he's gonna be captain. Dude is all over the ducks social media

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Gudas did his media day with all the promo videos and no sign of the C. If they were going to put it on him, wouldn't they include the C?

I guess it could be the media team doing 2 shoots and not showing the C in the social media stuff.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gudas did his media day with all the promo videos and no sign of the C. If they were going to put it on him, wouldn't they include the C?

I guess it could be the media team doing 2 shoots and not showing the C in the social media stuff.
Did he have any letter there?

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Did he have any letter there?

No, blank

1000006810.jpg

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Boy it's been a long time since I've posted here.

Anyways...On the Ducks instagram, Gudas mentioned there would be an interesting first pitch tomorrow at the Angels game at Ducks night. I have a feeling he gets revealed as Captain then. Generates more buzz and maybe draws more attention since we're closer to season start.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Anyways...On the Ducks instagram, Gudas mentioned there would be an interesting first pitch tomorrow at the Angels game at Ducks night. I have a feeling he gets revealed as Captain then. Generates more buzz and maybe draws more attention since we're closer to season start.
Maybe he’s just going to try out a knucklepuck.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Given how poorly this team communicates with fans, it would make perfect sense for them to announce a new captain at a baseball game first.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder if they'll make it official at the home opener if they're going to have a captain. They might use it to generate some extra interest in the game.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
At this point it has to be Gudas, I get the impression the casual fans think it'll be him from how he's being marketed lately and the type of 'strong like bull' player he is gives off captain vibes like he's the big wolf who's gonna lead the pack. So if it isn't him people will be disappointed and that certainly won't help people's enthusiasm in going to see games.

Maybe this is part of why Gudas chose the Ducks in addition to the contract they offered him, but they couldn't just make him captain the first year in but in his second year possibly,
Didn't Scott Niedermayer immediately become captain when he arrived ? edit: he did indeed become the Ducks captain the first year in Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad