Ducks name Radko Gudas captain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe the club sees their younger guys as not ready to handle the responsibilities of captain while losing so much? I thought Zegras, who can be a bit prickly and has been in the league for a while, would be ready.
I think part of the issue is none of these young guys have had anyone captain to learn from, they were all here after getzlaf retired…. So it’s prob ideal to have a guy like gudas who has played under good leaders and always been a leader on his teams(even if he didn’t have a letter) to show/set an example of what is needed for that posistion.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
It’s funny a lot of fans say that, but I guess Anaheim is pretty far under everyone’s radar.

Cause for Anaheim fans it was the obvious choice
I get that just figured they might select someone more geared to the future . Maybe Terry might be the right age / role . I don’t know much about Anaheim situation but it’s obviously too early for a guy like Zegras or Carlsson to be considerations . So maybe you’re right there weren’t a ton of viable options . Maybe Fowler ?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I get that just figured they might select someone more geared to the future . Maybe Terry might be the right age / role . I don’t know much about Anaheim situation but it’s obviously too early for a guy like Zegras or Carlsson to be considerations . So maybe you’re right there weren’t a ton of viable options . Maybe Fowler ?

Fowler to me doesn’t really represent the culture/leadership pv and Cronin would look for.

I think most of our young guys havnt played with a captain so gudas makes sense as a stop gap/ teacher for the guys you listed.

Terry was prob the other candidate, if I had to gusss… but if you’re saving the captain in hopes carlsson/mctavish / zegras are the future guys…. Terry might be an awkward pick, because he has a long career ahead of him.

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It’s funny a lot of fans say that, but I guess Anaheim is pretty far under everyone’s radar.

Cause for Anaheim fans it was the obvious choice
THIS

Last suspension was 2019. He's been clean for awhile now. He's also been quite good for awhile now. Won't lie, he's exactly what my Oilers need a 2RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad