Ducks & Kings to Unveil New Logos

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You're welcome to think that. Def. don't agree at all haha.

Just too much orange. Way too much. No contrast. Shoulder should be a different colour at minimum. The road jersey looks like a smashed egg.

Whoever mentioned looking like a Home Depot employee nailed it.

Probably being too critical but they had a great opportunity to make a killer jersey with the throwback logo.

Reactions: Turin

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Logo is too big on LA's. Anaheim I thought was ugly until I saw that awful font on the back. Woof. Might be the league's worst, immediately.
Ducks go from worst jersey, to second worst when Utah joined, and the ducks just took the ugliest jersey award back from Utah before a game was played.

Kings are boring and I hate black jerseys.

Last edited:

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Just too much orange. Way too much. No contrast. Shoulder should be a different colour at minimum. The road jersey looks like a smashed egg.

Whoever mentioned looking like a Home Depot employee nailed it.

Probably being too critical but they had a great opportunity to make a killer jersey with the throwback logo.
I get it don't get me wrong, I just like that it is unapologetically orange and we went back to the old logo.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
"I told my barber...I want a hook...A hook that will hold my MAGA Hat"...

1719424443065.png

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hate everything about the Ducks jerseys. The logo, the orange, everything.

Never understood the dislike for what they wore post Disney, but whatever.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
My own opinion, which is worth nothing, is they are both improvements but at the same time both missed the mark and for the same reason: color.

The Kings would have been better served to go with purple as a primary, They could have coupled that with silver and black to avoid the overlap with the Lakers. Like I said, they are better than what they replace, but they also go back to a time of "great, another Raider knockoff."

Ducks would have been better off going with darker pants. Replace black with their original eggplant and use that for the pants.

BTW, I normally like the contrast shoulder yokes give, but the orange ones on the white jerseys create orange overload. Maybe the orange theme will look better on the ice, who knows?

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Think it would look a 1000x better without the orange shoulders.
Right, something closer to those reverse retros they did.

I thought those were fine and pretty obviously inspired these, so I'm not sure why they didn't stick with it.

The original Mighty Ducks whites had white shoulders.

d85851664b5744c7_original.jpeg

Like, this is much nicer. Basically this with some of the new elements incorporated is how they should do the whites. I think that would be a strong set.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
They really wearing orange helmets? If so they can be banned from the league along with LAs silver helmet and Vegas gold helmet. Just dumb

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
It's just too much doggone orange and they will never be the "orange" team in the NHL no matter how hard they try to force it.
Ducks were so close to perfection and instead are bottom 5.
You already know why, it doesn't need to be said.

Reactions: Turin

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The whole Orange County thing is way too on the nose for me but for what they are…which is…well…orange to the max…I don’t hate the Ducks new look.

The shade of orange looks way better in the video than the over-saturated neon lit photos. And the orange/gold/white/black I think works pretty well. I actually like the white jerseys a lot.

I get why the font is divisive but the subtle rounded edges match what they did with the logo where the sticks also now have some slight curve to them. I feel like at least there is intention here.

And I’m sorry…I know some here are just annoyed that multiple teams use the same colors - but I think the Ducks did a good job of making this look very different than the Flyers. I don’t see these jerseys and suddenly have some confusion with the look Philly has had for 50 years.

Reactions: FMichael and LuGBuG

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My own opinion, which is worth nothing, is they are both improvements but at the same time both missed the mark and for the same reason: color.

The Kings would have been better served to go with purple as a primary, They could have coupled that with silver and black to avoid the overlap with the Lakers. Like I said, they are better than what they replace, but they also go back to a time of "great, another Raider knockoff."

Ducks would have been better off going with darker pants. Replace black with their original eggplant and use that for the pants.

BTW, I normally like the contrast shoulder yokes give, but the orange ones on the white jerseys create orange overload. Maybe the orange theme will look better on the ice, who knows?
I'm very here for them doing eggplant and orange one of these days. Why not both? Now that would be an iconic identity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad