Ducks & Kings to Unveil New Logos

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
it honestly feels like the ducks are trying too hard with the orange to make it work, it hasn't worked yet and from the looks of it they still got it wrong.

I thought there throwbacks with orange worked and I certainly think these work.

These are, in my opinion, and from the little I've seen, the best Ducks jersey's they've ever had.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
it honestly feels like the ducks are trying too hard with the orange to make it work, it hasn't worked yet and from the looks of it they still got it wrong. The ducks have no identity and after this rebrand it looks like they still don't.

Its like the Buffalo sabres after the buffaslug jerseys the fans wanted a return to the royal blue go look and the team gave them slivers in 3rd jerseys and event jerseys even making a somewhat look a like for a few years but with extra piping and extra stripes. they finally gave in and went back and man what a difference it makes. Ducks could learn from it. It's clear the Ducks hate what the fans want.

or buy out PLD and re-sign him to a fresh 8 year deal

The owners are putting $4billion (with a b) towards redeveloping the area and it's called OCVIBE. here's the logo:

logo-animated.gif

They're going to make orange work whether we like it or not lol.

FWIW, as a lifelong resident and season ticket holder, I think it's fun. It's no eggplant and jade but that's just a nostalgia thing. Once the team is fun to watch again most people will get behind it.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If they wanna do orange and the fans are cool with it, whatever.

I would like to see them use a consistent throwback third, however.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Anaheim Ducks have one of the most exciting brands in league history so definitely grope around in the dark trying to come up with weird hybrid schemes and force the Fanta colour scheme on everyone.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Even though they won Cups with it, I've really never liked that black Kings jersey. The design of the logo clashes with the lettering. Just always looked amateur to me. Glad they're changing it.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The owners are putting $4billion (with a b) towards redeveloping the area and it's called OCVIBE. here's the logo:

logo-animated.gif

They're going to make orange work whether we like it or not lol.

FWIW, as a lifelong resident and season ticket holder, I think it's fun. It's no eggplant and jade but that's just a nostalgia thing. Once the team is fun to watch again most people will get behind it.

Considering the O in OCVIBE is for Orange, it makes sense.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the vast vast majority of the fans would prefer they ditch the orange for the old colors.
I feel like the Ducks are in a group of 90'sish teams that went to a new look and said "look how classic and iconic this is!" Florida, Carolina, Dallas, Nashville, Tampa.

The only new look out of those that I've liked is Dallas.

Meanwhile, the look that they had was iconic to them. 30 some odd years later, the eggplant and jade is classic. Everyone knows that's the Ducks even if they're not into hockey.

The one color thing, if it's going to be all orange, feels like an attempt to be classic.

Not everything traditionally O6 #classic is necessarily great. Hot take, Montreal's branding is awful. The bar across the middle clashes with the number and the logo is literally a toilet seat. We've all just gotten used to it.

Goes to show that you should probably just stick with what you've got.

Reactions: SirJW

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, once again, I think teams should just change it up every couple of years like in some other sports.

Even the Rangers. Sure, it's a great, classic uniform. It's also 98 years old. I kinda just wanna look at something else.

Both the Kings and the Ducks have the ammo to do a lot of different stuff with their various brands over the years.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The Ducks will eventually go back to the old colors. It will probably require an ownership change though, as they really didn't like the Disney look. Samueli is turning 70 this year, so who knows, give it another 10-15 years.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
View attachment 884699
"new" kings logo is just a chunkier version of the old school but that was expected based off the outline
The image is too lo-res to see what the crown design was updated to.

I figured going to purple/forum blue was a longshot.
But was secretly hoping they’d reuse the 1967 KINGS font with the stylized “K”.
24AD2A2F-A33F-4B1B-8867-E42A71157772.jpeg

Personally, I think it would have looked interesting inside the modern Chevy banner. I kept the “fast movement streaks” off of KINGS since it makes it look too much like the Lakers’ style.
Also used the 1998 LOS ANGELES wordmark here just to switch it up even more
EF023A4A-A709-4F13-8258-B3468A73AC2A.png

Below with the more recent crown:
79BA9721-5EA2-4BE1-A10C-F63496524CEF.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad