GDT: Ducks @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula’s an interesting case. He’s taken a lot of heat since he’s arrived but really he’s a fine and dandy 3C
Heat when?

I remember the Devils time as a time when he hasn't taken any heat at all. He hasn't done anything amazing, but has done solid job in versalite roles in pk,pp, faceoffs, 2nd line forechecker or 3rd line sniper. I remember the time he played with Jack as where he was the most valuable, by letting Jack create and build his confidence.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Heat when?

I remember the Devils time as a time when he hasn't taken any heat at all. He hasn't done anything amazing, but has done solid job in versalite roles in pk,pp, faceoffs, 2nd line forechecker or 3rd line sniper. I remember the time he played with Jack as where he was the most valuable, by letting Jack create and build his confidence.

IMG_6276.jpeg

This is from 2 weeks ago.

I’m not saying this is representative of common opinion but there are at least a few vocal people who like to bring up their opinion that Zacha is a significantly better player than Haula at times.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
View attachment 922774

This is from 2 weeks ago.

I’m not saying this is representative of common opinion but there are at least a few vocal people who like to bring up their opinion that Zacha is a significantly better player than Haula at times.
I've missed those. I don't feel like not liking the trade is enough to be considered heat or criticism to Haula. Just because someone considers Zacha the better player doesn't mean Haula has done bad.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
You do see my name right?
I wasn’t posting it to call you or anyone out since it wasn’t about you. I purposefully left it out so that it wasn’t acting as a dig or criticism at your opinion.

I didn’t want it to be a bash or critique of the poster(in this case you) but just showing there are definitely some Haula heat takes on the board.

Reactions: Dialamo

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Not very impressed with beating the Ducks. Seems that we’ve only beaten some of the weaker teams in the NHL. Hopefully this road trip will help the team bound and they have a successful trip. Happy for Nico, having a great season so far. Let’s hope he can stay healthy.

Reactions: Hisch13r

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not very impressed with beating the Ducks. Seems that we’ve only beaten some of the weaker teams in the NHL. Hopefully this road trip will help the team bound and they have a successful trip. Happy for Nico, having a great season so far. Let’s hope he can stay healthy.

This is a case where they took care of business in convincing fashion. There isn't a ton more I think you can ask for out of that game. Absolute bummer Lazar got hurt.

Also, **** it, throw Casey out there as a center. He's got the mind and the skill to make it work. Only mostly kidding.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Take care of business with the team in front of you. They largely beat the Red Wings into the ground but got undid by poor goaltending. The Islander game ultimately could have gone either way and they responded to each deficit with a goal and narrowly won it first in OT.

Last night, they responded to an early goal against by dominating the next 35-40 minutes. Let off the gas in the 3rd when they were up 5-1, but Keefe even stated outright that he hated their 3rd period.

I think that things are starting to improve, even if the results were not what we wanted in the 2 outings before this. They need to continue with the process and I think results will tip back in our favor. Especially if the goaltending holds up.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
I wasn’t posting it to call you or anyone out since it wasn’t about you. I purposefully left it out so that it wasn’t acting as a dig or criticism at your opinion.

I didn’t want it to be a bash or critique of the poster(in this case you) but just showing there are definitely some Haula heat takes on the board.
I know you weren't calling me out at all. I only turned in a Zacha jock sniffer because of how many people were calling him out on here. I only bash Haula because I will not tolerate any belittling of the clear cut MVP of the Devils when he lead th team in scoring! :DD

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It is almost a shame how well Siegs-Kovy and Luke-Pesce (though much smaller sample size for them) have played, because Dillon and Dougie are doodoo.

Maybe you just keep them all together for but really scale back Dillon and Dougie's minutes to be like a 3rd pair.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I don't see why we can't go Siegs-Dougie again. It worked well before, no reason it can't work again.

Dillon-Kovacevic will still be able to move the puck.

Maybe it's deference to Dillon's experience for now but eventually they'll do the right thing.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don't see why we can't go Siegs-Dougie again. It worked well before, no reason it can't work again.

Dillon-Kovacevic will still be able to move the puck.

Maybe it's deference to Dillon's experience for now but eventually they'll do the right thing.
I don't love the idea of breaking up Siegs - Kovy just yet. But I do like the idea of pushing Dillon - Hamilton down to 3rd pairing deployments at 5v5

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don't love the idea of breaking up Siegs - Kovy just yet. But I do like the idea of pushing Dillon - Hamilton down to 3rd pairing deployments at 5v5

Yup. Just can’t bring myself to split them. Before Luke/Pesce were back I think you could’ve done it so you didn’t have 2 pairs struggling but I can’t do it now.

Siegs-Kovy have played the most minutes of any pair in the league at 175. There’s been 89 pairs to play at least 50 minutes they have the 6th best xG% and 10th best xGA/60. They’re up 10-5 in goals.

Either Dillon-Dougie is the 3rd pair and you hope against weaker competition that they aren’t as exposed defensively and Dougie can create more offensively. It’s not like that pair can’t control play together and they’re constantly getting caved or anything. They have a 58% xG together. It’s just that their breakdowns are really bad. Match them up against less talented players and maybe things go better for them. Other option is reworking the bottom 4 and going Luke-Dougie and Dillon-Pesce

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Pesce's ability to stop zone entries was on full display yesterday. If this is the type of work we are going to see game in and game out from him, that's huge.
His ability to kill plays at the blue line (and in general) is remarkable.

I’m excited to see how he looks once he develops some chemistry with the forwards. Feels like that skill set should lead to some quick strike counter attacking opportunities that would be right up Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, and Meier’s alley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad