Confirmed with Link: Ducks claim James Reimer off waivers from the Sabres

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Technically Bonino is my least favorite Duck ever, though that's a case of "I am a Miami RedHawks fan ruled by spite and that mf cost my team a national championship, his mere existence infuriates me" rather than him actually doing anything wrong. (Didn't like Shattenkirk for the same reason, but "man I hated Shattenkirk as a Duck" ain't special, at least I wasn't alone :laugh:)

On the actual (de)merits, think I probably have to go with Nick Ritchie.

Because sports fandom is often illogical.

I don't care that Devin Shore had no control over being traded or for whom. International hero and paragon of virtue Andrew Cogliano was unceremoniously shipped out for that pile of excrement in a hockey sweater. And Shore will always bear my scorn because of it.
As someone who mostly just felt bad for Shore, may I express great respect for the beautiful purity of this grudge 🫡

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Surprised at the lack of Nick Ritchie
ritchie was just your typical draft bust. it happens

a number of the guys listed (weight, whitney, friesen) were acquired via trades that saw popular players depart and ended up playing like shit during their ducks tenures

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
ritchie was just your typical draft bust. it happens

a number of the guys listed (weight, whitney, friesen) were acquired via trades that saw popular players depart and ended up playing like shit during their ducks tenures

I was going to say Whit, I like the person but he was @$$ in a Ducks sweater

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Give Getzy a couple years in DPS. He’ll be doing his jersey retirement on zoom.

John

Honestly - Getzy is the one guy who may bring some sanity to DPS. I think he's old school and not likely to change his outlook all that much. Parros, despite his enforcer role, is an Ivy league guy.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We need Getzy to go with his famous "no idea what you talking about" look when reviewing the Ducks plays

(Can't find the photo of that interview)

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm noticing a pattern in that my 3 most disliked Ducks (as players) were Bieksa, Shattenkirk, and Klingberg.

3 RDs that just have no idea what's going on in their own end.
Which is ironic considering that those three guys had their head up their own end.

(Sorry, that was harsh, but I couldn't resist. I actually thought Shattenkirk brought some solid play to the team but because the defense was so shallow, he was forced to play in situations he was unsuited for. Klingberg and Bieksa...not so much.)

Reactions: Arthuros

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm noticing a pattern in that my 3 most disliked Ducks (as players) were Bieksa, Shattenkirk, and Klingberg.

Of those 3 I like Bieksa the most, because he at least helped protect the players, who knows he may have helped Cutter want to come to Anaheim given he knows him and trained with him. Its not his fault GM Murray had a boomer moment and didn't ask him to waive his NMC for the expansion draft. No way was Vegas picking him, at that point in his career he was like having an enforcer on a 3rd pairing because he could fight very well, problem was he got a lot more minutes than he should have.

Shattenkirk was worse to me because he was a subpar OFD who couldn't play any sort of defense, nor be a physical deterrent.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Guess it all falls upon your expectations of a player. I'd agree that Bieksa was a frustrating player to watch.

I think Shatty gets the Fowler treatment in that we brought Shatty in as a 3rd pairing OFD who plays on the PP, but was forced to play up higher in the lineup that also included playing on the PK. Because we're in a rebuild during his time (we had no NHL talent depth), whenever Manson would get injured, then Shatty would play 2nd pairing minutes, be on the PP, and on the PK. Manson played 23 out of 56 games during COVID and 45 out of 63 games (before being traded) with the Ducks. Shatty played over 21 minutes ATOI in those two seasons, which is not what one would expect out of a 3rd pairing OFD. The Verbeekning happened at the 2021-22 TDL and we lost Manson. The following season, we also lost Drysdale for the season and Shatty had to play higher in the lineup again.

As for Klingberg, I knew he was a shit signing before being signed because his defensive play had crated consecutively for four years prior to being a Duck. Verbeek had higher hopes and offered Klingberg a multi-year deal that Klingberg rejected b/c he was greedy. If you were in the camp that Klingberg would be a stout signing, then he's a mountainous disappointment. My disappointment was when we signed him, but that is not Klingberg's fault for being signed - Verbeek owns that failure of a signing. Although, Klingberg's game did improve from late Jan to the TDL, which was surprising and Kudos to asst. coach Stothers for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad