GDT: Ducks @ Bruins - 4 PST - 3/26/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Almost lost the game on special teams.

I especially loved the 4 on 3 in OT where they just stood there like statues and passed the puck around the perimeter without getting a single shot on net. Winning strategy.

Happy to see the FBI has found Corey Perry and removed him from the missing persons list. He has looked great this week. Going to need him to be at MVPerry level if the special teams keep sucking ass in the playoffs.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Was at the game last night, great to see the ducks get a W!!! I didn't have to many friends at the end of the night but well worth it!!

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Boudreau discouraged Despres into making just seven hits last night.

Or perhaps the players-only meeting had something to do with it. Whatever it was, the whole team was playing a more physical game. :handclap:

edit: Ducks DVM is onto something here.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Jesus, there was a main board thread on the Beleskey thing? I try and stay away from those threads, and obviously I need to try harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Jesus, there was a main board thread on the Beleskey thing? I try and stay away from those threads, and obviously I need to try harder.

The entire thread can be summed up in a single GIF for Boston fans..

asian-crying.gif

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Again, i saw only highlights but it didn`t seem as we were very impressive after the ''big players only meeting''.

From what i saw Fowler was great. Was he?

PS
Now I miss Carlyle with that late season push :laugh:

While it may not have been blazing on fire, they played a good game. Instead of being blown out again, we won in OT. We came up big in the final seconds of regulation.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Or perhaps the players-only meeting had something to do with it. Whatever it was, the whole team was playing a more physical game. :handclap:

edit: Ducks DVM is onto something here.

DVM was being sarcastic.

Boudreau isn't asking them not to be physical. The players just aren't consistently hitting.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
In addition to what's already been said - it wasn't called like a playoff game, it was called incompetently. They don't let game misconduct/match penalty crosschecks go in the playoffs, they don't let you crosscheck a player to the ice between whistles in the playoffs. Boston fans (and Jack) were fine with those calls getting missed, but it's a national emergency when the incompetence swings in the other direction. If not calling those two penalties was really the standard for the game, Anaheim shouldn't have had any penalties called against them either, and as only one team managed to score at even strength, the officials never would have had the chance to blow a last minute call.

Feel free to ***** about the officiating as long as you admit Boston benefited just as much as Anaheim from uneven standards being applied. That's why Edwards is a problem - he can't do that, and it creates a martyr complex in people who never hear another point of view.

utgan3A.gif

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
While it may not have been blazing on fire, they played a good game. Instead of being blown out again, we won in OT. We came up big in the final seconds of regulation.

Well the Blue Jackets game could have gone either way too, didn`t it? We just happened to tie late, which is nice but i hoped for some ''global improvement''

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
DVM was being sarcastic.

Boudreau isn't asking them not to be physical. The players just aren't consistently hitting.

I know. I should have added the :sarcasm: Just wanted to quickly acknowledge that DVM was faster than me and also witty. I failed.

DaDucks*

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Boudreau discouraged Despres into making just seven hits last night.

The secret players only meeting was about secretly ignoring the secret instructions from BB about not actually hitting like he was publicly asking them to.

outside of Despres's evident physical game last night, I thought we were roughed up quite of bit.
Also, I'm not sure what moral victory you guys are taking from 1 player in 1 game, overturns any of my previous criticisms of BB's "means, or failed ability," to get the team to play physical overall; the type of physicality that leads to more offense which was absent yet again. I'm happy with what Despres did last night, and im glad I brought a missing awareness to these boards of what Despres is capable of doing, and what has been missing his last 3 games. The fact that he got off his physical game the last half week is alarming, and the finger can only be pointed back at BB. IMO

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
outside of Despres's evident physical game last night, I thought we were roughed up quite of bit.
Also, I'm not sure what moral victory you guys are taking from 1 player in 1 game, overturns any of my previous criticisms of BB's "means, or failed ability," to get the team to play physical overall; the type of physicality that leads to more offense which was absent yet again. I'm happy with what Despres did last night, and im glad I brought a missing awareness to these boards of what Despres is capable of doing, and what has been missing his last 3 games. The fact that he got off his physical game the last half week is alarming, and the finger can only be pointed back at BB. IMO

You used Despres as an example of how Boudreau discourages hitting. You shouldn't be surprised when your own example is thrown back in your face, especially after a couple of games.

Remember when people criticized Carlyle for not encouraging his players to get to the middle of the ice? Remember when Carlyle said he wants his players to get to the middle of the ice? This is no different. A coach can hound his players to do something, but sometimes the execution falls short on the ice. It happens. You blaming Boudreau for three games of less hitting from Despres is just asinine. Unless you're going to suggest he, that is Despres, has never in his life had a similar stretch before now. You aren't saying that, are you?

Edit: The fact is, you set yourself up for this after you said Boudreau is turning Despres into a flower. Foot in mouth syndrome can leave a bad taste in your mouth. Enjoy.

Last edited:

DaDucks*

You used Despres as an example of how Boudreau discourages hitting. You shouldn't be surprised when your own example is thrown back in your face, especially after a couple of games.

Remember when people criticized Carlyle for not encouraging his players to get to the middle of the ice? Remember when Carlyle said he wants his players to get to the middle of the ice? This is no different. A coach can hound his players to do something, but sometimes the execution falls short on the ice. It happens. You blaming Boudreau for three games of less hitting from Despres is just asinine. Unless you're going to suggest he, that is Despres, has never in his life had a similar stretch before now. You aren't saying that, are you?

Edit: The fact is, you set yourself up for this after you said Boudreau is turning Despres into a flower. Foot in mouth syndrome can leave a bad taste in your mouth. Enjoy.

wow such hostility. I'm involved in a hockey discussion. If i've somehow offended you, I apologize.

Its not asinine at all to believe BB's teams, present and past, have been called "soft."
Sure, Carlyle as expected had his own frustrations, but that was because he was so much more demanding of his teams to play that style. Its one thing to have lapses throughout the year, but with BB, its been the entire year. (in regards to physical play translating to offense, and forechecking

I was venting with Despres the other day. Although it may not have been BB that told him directly to stop hitting, it might be Bruce's environment that he has let fester that inclined Simon to take a look around, and decide to take a few nights off from being physical since it doesn't seem prevalent with the current team.

ty

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Fun fact - only Dallas and LA have more hits in the Western Conference than Anaheim.

Fun fact - in the entire league, only Philly has more major penalties than Anaheim. By one.

DaDucks*

Fun fact - only Dallas and LA have more hits in the Western Conference than Anaheim.

Fun fact - in the entire league, only Philly has more major penalties than Anaheim. By one.

Why is Bruce making public complaints about overall hitting then :huh:

oh, you know what, he probably hasn't seen those numbers you just referred to

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Why is Bruce making public complaints about overall hitting then :huh:

oh, you know what, he probably hasn't seen those numbers you just referred to

So, your argument is that he is, or is not, advocating that the team hit?

The losses come when the team doesn't hit consistently. He wants more hitting. Just because they've actually been hitting and playing hard enough to be amongst the league leaders in majors doesn't mean that there are games/periods that can't be improved. Your argument that he wants less is disproven by statements from literally everyone on the team and the facts, and your new argument that his team is one of the softest in the league is also disproven by facts.

Stick with "he can't get a consistent effort". It's accurate. Stop trying to say it's an intentional thing, because it's saying more about you than him.

DaDucks*

So, your argument is that he is, or is not, advocating that the team hit?

The losses come when the team doesn't hit consistently. He wants more hitting. Just because they've actually been hitting and playing hard enough to be amongst the league leaders in majors doesn't mean that there are games/periods that can't be improved. Your argument that he wants less is disproven by statements from literally everyone on the team and the facts, and your new argument that his team is one of the softest in the league is also disproven by facts.

Stick with "he can't get a consistent effort". It's accurate. Stop trying to say it's an intentional thing, because it's saying more about you than him.

I believe we aren't getting the right kind of hits that put us more in an advantage to win. I think the hits that you're looking at, are more of the "hits by proxy" sort. Im mainly looking at the top 6 forward group, and I imagine bruce is too. I think you might agree that the Kesler line seems to live and die off hitting/forechecking, forcing turnovers etc. to produce offensively.

and yes, i made up "hits by proxy" it sounds cool.:)

DaDucks*

In summary, I just want the team to score more. I could care less if the team is hitting or not if the goals are adding up. (see last years season)

In the off-season we substituted skill for more size, but kept the same game plan around having a skilled team. This is why I keep attaching BB's name to the cause of our woes over the players. The constant line juggling, the recent player scratches, all are a testament to a desperate coach that has nothing left in bag.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
In summary, I just want the team to score more. I could care less if the team is hitting or not if the goals are adding up. (see last years season)

In the off-season we substituted skill for more size, but kept the same game plan around having a skilled team. This is why I keep attaching BB's name to the cause of our woes over the players. The constant line juggling, the recent player scratches, all are a testament to a desperate coach that has nothing left in bag.

I'd say we're even more skilled this season, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad