GDT: Ducks at Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Three straight home games getting run out of the building. Good luck finding casual fans to come back to watch this garbage.

OCTA8ON*

Been saying this.

Wish the announcers would have the balls to tell it like it is

If Halak isn't ready by next game, Allen is starting. I don't even care. Elliot for some weird, psychological reason needs Halak to be ready to take over on to the bench. It's one of the weirdest things in sports I have ever seen.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If Halak isn't ready by next game, Allen is starting. I don't even care. Elliot for some weird, psychological reason needs Halak to be ready to take over on to the bench. It's one of the weirdest things in sports I have ever seen.

Could just be that Elliott is not nearly as good as he showed last year. He's been an average back up for his entire career, and that's what he's been in the playoffs and this season. Seems as though last regular season was the clear exception, not the rule. He's just not a good goaltender.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Could just be that Elliott is not nearly as good as he showed last year. He's been an average back up for his entire career, and that's what he's been in the playoffs and this season. Seems as though last regular season was the clear exception, not the rule. He's just not a good goaltender.

Or that the team in front of him isn't playing as well as they were last year.

Swedish playmaker*

I have never seen a team collapse this bad. ****ing Blues cost me alot of $, once again.

OCTA8ON*

No way. The Blues are too good to just fall apart like this. It's so hard to win when Brian Elliot is letting in 2 soft goals per game.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
My thoughts on the game from Scottrade so far. The first period we actually looked good. Good team play all around. Our offensive zone pressure was good and the team player defense for a change. The second period was a complete and utter disaster. Nobody could do anything. Elliott has been atrocious again. Two extremely weak goals again. I missed the fourth one because inwas in the bathroom. 4 goals on 16 shots is unacceptable. I'm praying we see Allen in the third. It's plainly clear to me that Elliott has lost all confidence. Nobody on this team trusts him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We all can't wait for a goalie who currently has a .889 save% to come back.

Something has to happen with this team. We're at the quarter mark of the season, I wouldn't wait much longer but if we lose this and hover around .500 that's not good.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Not excusing Elliott but if u remember the first period we protected the center the of the ice extremely well. Then go back and watch 2 of 3 Ducks goals in the second. Ducks standing dead in the slot with no Blue within 5 feet of him.

Our commitment to our defensive game has gone completely out of the window in favor of track meet hockey which isn't our strength.

Elliott has been bad but make no mistake, this IS the problem.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

He's only seen 14 shots in this game, and he's let in 4. We're only at the end of the 2nd, so he'll probably see 20 or so and let in at least 6. It's been like that for Elliott the last three games. The team in front of him hasn't played all that well, but when you only see about 20 shots a game, you have to be able to make some saves. 87% save percentage is simply not cutting it. That's ECHL quality.

brendan

rip bruv/cudi
Feb 12, 2012
California
We all can't wait for a goalie who currently has a .889 save% to come back.

Something has to happen with this team. We're at the quarter mark of the season, I wouldn't wait much longer but if we lose this and hover around .500 that's not good.

Halak hasn't seen a ton of shots.. that's why his save% is so low

he'll be fine

OCTA8ON*

Elliot lets in the 12th, 13th, and 14th shots of the game. 3 goals in 3 shots by the ducks. Someone please go ahead and tell me that the forwards and the defensemen are the problem.

OCTA8ON*

Not excusing Elliott but if u remember the first period we protected the center the of the ice extremely well. Then go back and watch 2 of 3 Ducks goals in the second. Ducks standing dead in the slot with no Blue within 5 feet of him.

Our commitment to our defensive game has gone completely out of the window in favor of track meet hockey which isn't our strength.

Elliott has been bad but make no mistake, this IS the problem.

No team can prevent the other team from getting any shots on net. Elliot needs to do his job. I'm not worried though. I think Halak plays on Monday, and we beat LA. This is a temporary problem.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I have seen goalies shootout percentage higher than Elliots save percentage

OCTA8ON*

The team as a whole is struggling. Elliott is just apart of it. When Halak's back, things will start to get better(hopefully).

I would agree with that.

No way the blues are playing this horribly 3 games in a row. No team in the league would still be in this game with Elliot in net. Chicago with Elliot playing like this is no different. 3 shots on 3 goals. What a joke.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I'd rather see us struggle early than struggle down the stretch or in the playoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Halak hasn't seen a ton of shots.. that's why his save% is so low

he'll be fine
I agree that he will eventually raise that save% and I want him back, but I'm just saying he won't be the savior either. The whole team has gotta figure this out. That's why I started to hate hearing everyone pick us for the cup...this team does not yet know how to handle high expectations.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
No way the blues are playing this horribly 3 games in a row. No team in the league would still be in this game with Elliot in net. Chicago with Elliot playing like this is no different. 3 shots on 3 goals. What a joke.

Hockey is a team sport. Pin-pointing an individual for a team result isn't sharing out the credit evenly, same applies with a team getting a victory.

Elliott hasn't been playing great of late, sure, but neither has the entire team.

Prior to tonight, they've scored 2 goals in the past 2 games. That isn't enough to win usually.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Just wanted to chime in on this and say Its the Hitchcock effect IMO

Pascal Leclaire had a big year under Hitch (His only successful year as NHL #1)

07-08 = 24-17-6 2.25 GAA / .919 Sv Pct (9 shutouts)

Steve Maosn followed that up with one as well

08-09 = 33-20-7 2.29 GAA / .916 Sv Pct (10 shutouts)

Mason has not been NHL caliber netminder outside of that one year

Brian Elliott looks like another Mason/Leclaire to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad