GDT: Ducks(7-2-1)@Cahokia(6-4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
and to think all these goals and shoot out win came because staubitz defended a player :sarcasm:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The game was a sloppy from our side, but man, this team does have some guts. A win with only 3 centers. We played yesterday and Blues were desperate for the win.

Good job boys!

Agreed - this is NOT last year's team. It's fun watching a team that doesn't think they have ever lost the game.

:yo:

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
oh man. we got crazy lucky today.. we need to be a lot better next game.. we are lucky elliot was in net tonight, cause chicago is absolutely gonna eat us alive.

our first line REALLY needs to get going.. they have been absolutely useless for the past 7-8 games...

i dont know if we're keeping this 2nd line or not..
i still really like Ryan at 2C because it seems thats when he's best, but we can't argue with what htey did tonight..

bonino on that 3rd line I think can replace koivu.
i'd be in favour of sending etem down. he hasn't shown that hes ready.

if we do move koivu up to 2c, then rakell slots back in next game at 4c which could be nice against a skilled chicago team

MMonarchs

Apr 10, 2011
Fasth had a bad game out of the way, and we still win. I expect 4 more consecutive stellar performances.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I'm so pumped. The drinking has begun, now lets hope my night ends with a Bonino.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
No, but we could be one of the 30 teams that bumps a player who then makes a pretty blatant attempt to "oopsie!" fall on and then stay on the goalie. On replay that COULD have been a penalty. As it was that (correct) call just meant they didn't lose. It surely didn't result in a win.

The call where that happened was much earlier in the season.

eenok*

good offense in this team,bad defens....tonight u saw this again.

has vatanen lifted yet?:help:

Oct 18, 2011
ducks were on a 2nd of a b2b you take those wins however you can get them, but we NEED Fowler back NOW

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The opposing player made no effort to avoid it. He basically glided into Fasth.

Exactly beach didnt push him hard. Bergland def didnt try to avoid contact, then just sat there. The refs didnt give him a penalty.... nothing wrong with the play.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
This was one of those "heart" games. The Blues are a great team, the kind of big, disorienting team that would walk over us in recent seasons, so to see them hang in for the win makes me pretty happy.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
ducks were on a 2nd of a b2b you take those wins however you can get them, but we NEED Fowler back NOW

Yep. This "lucky" talk a bit odd. The Ducks battled in a game where the odds were stacked against them, it was a huge win. Good teams find ways to win when then aren't their best.

Very impressed with this team Gabby has done a wonderful job keeping this team engaged.

One persistent thought I have though, is that Getz and Perry don't really seem to play Boudreau hockey. Getzlaf has be playing well, but I really don't think their style suites Boudreau's rush attack style.

MMonarchs

Apr 10, 2011
Really don't have the same feelings as some of you. I actually think the Ducks deserved the win.

Each goal was hard earned, and it's a shame it even had to go into OT. Fasth was not good tonight. HE should be hailed as the lucky one, not the team.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yep. This "lucky" talk a bit odd. The Ducks battled in a game where the odds were stacked against them, it was a huge win. Good teams find ways to win when then aren't their best.

Very impressed with this team Gabby has done a wonderful job keeping this team engaged.

One persistent thought I have though, is that Getz and Perry don't really seem to play Boudreau hockey. Getzlaf has be playing well, but I really don't think their style suites Boudreau's rush attack style.

The lucky part, for me, was the way some of the bounces went and that I don't think we were the best team tonight. But I love seeing Anaheim fight tooth and nail for the points. We've been missing that. This team doesn't just hate to lose, they just don't seem willing to accept it.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
oh man. we got crazy lucky today.. we need to be a lot better next game.. we are lucky elliot was in net tonight, cause chicago is absolutely gonna eat us alive.

our first line REALLY needs to get going.. they have been absolutely useless for the past 7-8 games...

i dont know if we're keeping this 2nd line or not..
i still really like Ryan at 2C because it seems thats when he's best, but we can't argue with what htey did tonight..

bonino on that 3rd line I think can replace koivu.
i'd be in favour of sending etem down. he hasn't shown that hes ready.

if we do move koivu up to 2c, then rakell slots back in next game at 4c which could be nice against a skilled chicago team
Chicago has Bolig a heavyweight along with Mayers and Brookbank
Beleskey is not enough despite how skilled Chicago is they are still tough
To give you an idea Staubitz led the entire team in hits despite playing 5-6 mins

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
Exciting win. It was sloppy, it was luck, and it was pretty at times. Good to see some of the stars get it done tonight.

Corey Perry where are you? Puck didn't seem to like Pears tonight. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad