Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I think the biggest miss is the orange shoulder yoke on the away jerseys. No need for that. I think my only other quibble is that the black circle behind the duck mask should have an outline. Without one, the triangle behind it gives it the optical illusion of being ovoid instead of circular.

Otherwise, I'm good with these. Maybe I'll buy my first new jersey since I got a Selanne in 2007.

I will say this though - if they use a name plate on the orange jersey like Philly does, I'm completely out. The name plate is AWFUL.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
If real, I'm good with it. Not the most amazing jersey kit ever but it would be a big improvement. The logo I'm mostly good with but why are there home/away alternates? Why does the home logo have a gold eye and the away logo an orange eye? Not crazy about the curvature between the stick blade and shaft with how far out the blade is extending but I've seen worse mock ups since icethetics' first report.

Do you have an issue with the originals have different color triangles between home and away?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Do you have an issue with the originals have different color triangles between home and away?
Fair point. I think it's more that the alternating eye accent is visually unappealing to me. The orange works just fine in the color scheme of the logo.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
l
Fair point. I think it's more that the alternating eye accent is visually unappealing to me. The orange works just fine in the color scheme of the logo.
Nah there’s no way it’s actually a different color eye. Just a poor quality leak.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Yeah, I was just wondering if you wanted the shadow to be orange. I think that might be an interesting look.

Or a poor quality fake?
For the home jersey? Orange shadow on orange background? No sense; I thought you were being snarky, but them I thought maybe I need to clarify.

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
I'll be the one person to like the shoulder yoke, though the gold trim on it would be better balanced if it were black. Also a big fan of the logo, the new proportions will take a little getting used to but I don't think they're bad, just weird because they're different.

The home kit is way too much orange. Not a fan of orange pants on the away either, tbh, orange bottom of the jersey plus orange pants was the only bad part of the RRs and it's still bad. Actually with horizontal stripes it's worse. Meh.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Looks pretty real to me.

While not 10/10 these are a solid 8. I kinda like the contrast on the aways, like the orange shoulders/sleeves. Was never going to be perfect but better than some of the leaks that had me scared it was going to be a flop. And I agree on the name plate. If they do that ugly orange box, not gonna be a fan.

Looks like the D got a remake too, so they touched up both logos.

Real test will be when we see them in action. I loved the full orange 3rd especially on ice.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
On the reveal, I get that they will want to make it an in house production, but I almost think you send it to new media people to do an online/YouTube/IG reveal. Get some of the bigger podcasts, The Hockey Guy, chicklets, etc and do a timed reveal/leak where they have them and review them. Then later go in and do your professional franchise release videos

• Haha
Reactions: SmokeyDuck

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ultimately, I don't dislike the new Mighty Ducks logo by any means but if that's the finished product, it's just...not much to it? Like I'm not trying to complain that they didn't deviate too much from the original design that worked as much as I'm saying that, if that's all you were going to do, why bother? It's mostly just a recolor and making the stick blades a bit worse. I guess they wouldn't be the first NHL team to only make minor modifications to a classic logo (Bruins off the top of my head) but I'm just thinking, if this was all they were going to do, why not just leave the sticks alone?

Reactions: ff8 and Kalv

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I'll be the one person to like the shoulder yoke, though the gold trim on it would be better balanced if it were black. Also a big fan of the logo, the new proportions will take a little getting used to but I don't think they're bad, just weird because they're different.

The home kit is way too much orange. Not a fan of orange pants on the away either, tbh, orange bottom of the jersey plus orange pants was the only bad part of the RRs and it's still bad. Actually with horizontal stripes it's worse. Meh.
You're not the only one - I like the yoke also, as do a few others I think. I'm glad it's orange as it connects with the home jersey; the previous road jersey had a black yoke to connect to the home black.

It's a nod to tradition as well, as most hockey jerseys over the years have sported a contrasting shoulder yoke of some kind (notable exception: Chicago). MTL sports a yoke on the road but not at home, as will we.

As for the orange pants: I like them away, but I think black might have been better at home, though the horizontal striping at the jersey hem does provide some separation. But consider this: as good a color combo as orange/black is, when the 2 colors are present in roughly the same amount, it inevitably invites thoughts of Halloween. I can't help but wonder if that played into the organization's decision for home.

No rebranding exercise will please everybody, but overall I think they've done a fine job with this one. Now I need to decide whose name is going to go on mine!

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
09C7C573-E452-4772-81A5-523917513337.jpeg

These dudes do not play on the Ducks

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad