Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Icethetics commenting on the accuracy of that popular mockup that has been going around.
1718653714752.png

Reactions: ff8 and Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Could be wrong but I seem to remember a long time ago people saying (maybe not on HF) that the Ducks franchise didn't have rights to the mighty duck logo/likeness haha because Disney still owned it? Clearly not the case because they've used it a ton even before this rebrand but i thought it was funny because i'm sure the Samuelis would've acquired the rights to all that intellectual property and likeness when they bought the team.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
My god the orange sticks on orange jerseys are going to look like ass, I just know it.

Reactions: Baysick

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
The webbed D can be a good shoulder logo, if it is also being re-designed.

A more slim, stream-lined, actual duck foot, used in a 90° rotated angle and looking as though a Duck literally tried to walk up to the collar, would be one of the coolest shoulder logos in the league, even.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The webbed D can be a good shoulder logo, if it is also being re-designed.

A more slim, stream-lined, actual duck foot, used in a 90° rotated angle and looking as though a Duck literally tried to walk up to the collar, would be one of the coolest shoulder logos in the league, even.

If you flip that foot 180°, then you get a webbed-A for Anaheim. I did a jersey re-design just before the Mighty Ducks became just the Ducks and had a scripted Anaheim on the pants with a webbed-A. I liked the dual purpose identifying the team is from Anaheim with the A and they're the Ducks with the webbed-foot.

Derek Lee put up an article at THN this morning that identified the Ducks put in an "Orange County" trademark recently and aligns well with the OCVibe stuff. Hmmmm... I did a logo design with an orange as a background long ago. Replace the text with "Orange County".

Center Patch, Original 4, with Name in circle (orange background).jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad