Post-Game Talk: Duck Tenders

3 Stars

• Total voters

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Quick was unreal tonight. Panarin's line completely dominated the entire game. Defense was solid all around too.

Give Fils line more T.O.I. than Mika's. IDC if the media want's to keep calling it our top line, They are the third best. Less effective than the 4th line even but i'm being generous.

Also, if they continue to be so ineffective I would like to see them come to one of the optional morning skates and at least pretend to wanna get better. Panarin was the first guy on the ice this morning. Mika and Kreider have skipped the last three. If they were producing or it was later in the season, I wouldn't care but come on. It's the bare minimum we are talking here.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Quick was unreal tonight. Panarin's line completely dominated the entire game. Defense was solid all around too.

Give Fils line more T.O.I. than Mika's. IDC if the media want's to keep calling it our top line, They are the third best. Less effective than the 4th line even but i'm being generous.

Also, if they continue to be so ineffective I would like to see them come to one of the optional morning skates and at least pretend to wanna get better. Panarin was the first guy on the ice this morning. Mika and Kreider have skipped the last three. If they were producing or it was later in the season, I wouldn't care but come on. It's the bare minimum we are talking here.
Didn't realize they've been skipping optionals while playing this bad. Pretty bad look from the vets.

Reactions: majordomo

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm pretty f***ing sure we've got the best #1 and #2 goalie tandem. Crazy game by Quick tonight.

I'm not sure Igor is that much better than Quick other than age. I bet if Quick worked with Allaire earlier in his career he would have had an even better prime. He was a bit all over the place even at his best.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I’m not upset it wasn’t a blowout. I’m upset that the coach rewards bad play. I’m sick of the coach not holding the wonder twins accountable. They can PK. They can PP (although Mika really shouldn’t right now) Besides that, cut their freaking minutes.
There was 1 PP each way. Thus Mika played just over 15 min. Sick reward.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
We're sitting here killing Mika and yet he had a decent game, came out ahead on iXGF in all situations. Same with Kreider and Smith per NST.

I don't get the hate. He's not McDavid or Matthews or even Barkov but then again neither was he expected to be. He is the Ranger version of a 1C-not a superstar but a solid player nonetheless. His contract is inflated but also remember it's NYC where everything is more expensive on a relative basis. Our real problem is that we need a COLA on the cap......NYI, NJD, NYR should probably be north of 105MM on a relative basis.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We're sitting here killing Mika and yet he had a decent game, came out ahead on iXGF in all situations. Same with Kreider and Smith per NST.

I don't get the hate. He's not McDavid or Matthews or even Barkov but then again neither was he expected to be. He is the Ranger version of a 1C-not a superstar but a solid player nonetheless. His contract is inflated but also remember it's NYC where everything is more expensive on a relative basis. Our real problem is that we need a COLA on the cap......NYI, NJD, NYR should probably be north of 105MM on a relative basis.

If we need COLA on the cap we also need QOLA - Quality of Life Adjustment. I know a lot of people shit on NYC but being a rich athlete here is a lot better despite the cost of living in Columbus.

Reactions: CasusBelli

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Rochester, NY
They controlled the game except for a relatively short stretch in the second.

Quick was good. Dostal was very good.

They won.

Keep bitching.

I generally agree about staying positive, and if this game were an outlier for Zib, I'd 100% agree with you, but...there's a LONGSTANDING problem with Zibanejad.

Some food for thought. Going back to the playoffs, over the last 18 games (including tonight), Zibanejad has been spoon-fed nearly an hour of powerplay time (57:09 to be precise). In that hour of powerplay time? He has ONE assist. That's it. That's a pace for what, 6 or 7 powerplay points over a full season? While getting choice minutes with some amazing players? That's just not good enough.

Frankly, Kreider has been something of a problem on the PP unit as well (2 goals over the last 18 games). For as much as Lavi likes to say the PP1 unit has been succeeding, what he really means is that Bread (3G, 4A in the last 18 games) and Trocheck (2G, 4A in the last 18) have been succeeding.

On top of that, it's not even like Zib is on the top unit because he's a center. Trocheck takes the draws on PP1.

Zib is supposed to be balls on the defensive side of the puck as well. Well...no points again for him tonight, but he was on the ice for the ONE goal against--a goal where he made a dainty stick check on his man (the puck carrier) and then circled off to let someone else take care of him.

All of this is on top of the fact that Zib carries himself like he just doesn't give a shit. The whining to the refs all the time, the lazy plays on the ice. He has the talent. We've all seen it. He has the talent to be a top 10 center in this league. But he just doesn't seem to have the desire.

Again, don't get me wrong. I'm very happy that the team won. But they won a lot last year while ignoring the glaring issues with the roster, and how did that pan out for them? Mediocre teams are content to win. Championship teams fix what's broken. And right now? The supposed 1C is, and has been for a good long while, looking pretty broken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad