Post-Game Talk: Duck Tenders

3 Stars

• Total voters

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Wins are wins at this stage, but that wasn't very pretty. We did miss a tonne of glorious chances as well.
Quick was very good, and he had to be as we are still giving the other team's forwards too much time.
All the non-Mika lines were good, at least in the O-zone, but the 3-amigos looked like they were playing a different sport to everyone else. There's no pressure at all and they just seem to be content to give the puck away and get off for a change.
Lindgren played his best game in quite some time

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Wins are wins at this stage, but that wasn't very pretty. We did miss a tonne of glorious chances as well.
Quick was very good, and he had to be as we are still giving the other team's forwards too much time.
All the non-Mika lines were good, at least in the O-zone, but the 3-amigos looked like they were playing a different sport to everyone else. There's no pressure at all and they just seem to be content to give the puck away and get off for a change.
Lindgren played his best game in quite some time
It's probably too late for you to go back to sleep, but maybe the game left you with enough serotonin for more zzzz's

Reactions: mike14

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I didn't think it was a bad game.

For some reason, people expect to beat the Ducks 26-1 even though they're an NHL team playing in a league with close to 50-50 in-game parity.
I’m not upset it wasn’t a blowout. I’m upset that the coach rewards bad play. I’m sick of the coach not holding the wonder twins accountable. They can PK. They can PP (although Mika really shouldn’t right now) Besides that, cut their freaking minutes.

Reactions: tiggles

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
981rxz.jpg

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
I'm not a guy who likes to get on individual players when they're not playing well, but Mika is just lost out there. He doesn't seem to be doing anything with purpose, speed or decisiveness. Those last 90 seconds felt like he was trying to help Anaheim tie it up. Just brutal plays in his own end, losing faceoffs and puck battles.

I don't know what has happened to his game but it's very concerning.

On a positive note, the piles getting clowned by Florida after taking a 3-0 lead was entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad