• Jacob Tuba

• K’Andre Miller

• Braden Schneider

• Zac Jones

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kakko seemed to generate a scoring chance every time he got the puck. Some very nice passes tonight

Yeah Lundqvist was the same way. Played better the more work he got and the more games he played.

Igor will be fine. No denying he was poopy tonight though. At least they were able to score their way out of it though.

The main boards and hockey twitter will still be saying the Rangers are all PP and Igor and suck at 5v5 until they’re number one in all fancy stats.

This team not only has a lethal PP but they’re getting insane chances 5v5 too. The top 6 is basically two first lines and having that 1-2 punch all night just completely overwhelms the other team.

Also, I thought Blais was strong tonight. I really like him as a flank for Chytil.
Blais Chytil kravtsov would be something I’d like to see
Haven’t seen much from Vesey but he’s not really hurting things so it’s fine for now

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't know what it is but Trocheck is really struggling with our 'system' defensively. He misses coverage fairly often... the line is giving up a lot

hopefully it doesn't take too long to get things in order...

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kakko seemed to generate a scoring chance every time he got the puck. Some very nice passes tonight

Blais Chytil kravtsov would be something I’d like to see
Haven’t seen much from Vesey but he’s not really hurting things so it’s fine for now

Blais I thought has one of his better games as a Ranger.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I don't know what it is but Trocheck is really struggling with our 'system' defensively. He misses coverage fairly often... the line is giving up a lot

hopefully it doesn't take too long to get things in order...

Unfortunately the report from Canes fans was lots of great things mixed in with lots of boneheaded defensive lapses. We’ll see if that holds.

Reactions: Larrybiv

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah Lundqvist was the same way. Played better the more work he got and the more games he played.

Igor will be fine. No denying he was poopy tonight though. At least they were able to score their way out of it though.

The main boards and hockey twitter will still be saying the Rangers are all PP and Igor and suck at 5v5 until they’re number one in all fancy stats.

This team not only has a lethal PP but they’re getting insane chances 5v5 too. The top 6 is basically two first lines and having that 1-2 punch all night just completely overwhelms the other team. You don’t need to be first in Corsi when you have the elite talent the rangers do. Their cross seam pass work and roving in the offensive zone to confuse the defense is some of the best in the league. The amount of slot passes they can pull off really creat such high quality chances.

Also, I thought Blais was strong tonight. I really like him as a flank for Chytil.
I think if Blais can stay healthy, he and Chytil could become very dangerous together. Blais along the walls is a great compliment to Chytil's relatively simple game of getting pucks on net.

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

This team not only has a lethal PP but they’re getting insane chances 5v5 too. The top 6 is basically two first lines and having that 1-2 punch all night just completely overwhelms the other team. You don’t need to be first in Corsi when you have the elite talent the rangers do. Their cross seam pass work and roving in the offensive zone to confuse the defense is some of the best in the league. The amount of slot passes they can pull off really creat such high quality chances.

Our 3rd line is no slouch either. Someone posted their fancy stats and they were the best on the team. They look very good out there. I also feel like Gallant's playing the 4th line less which I'm glad.

Reactions: Off Sides

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Really hope Krav can bring some scoring touch the the 3rd line. Chytil is playing his heart out but he’s out there with some slugs
It has the possibility of being a better fit than the 2nd line for him. The line can use a playmaker and Chytils and Blais can hopefully create space for Kravtsov.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Missed most of the game but just saw the highlights. Panarin is unreal on the PP. If you set back he's too creative and will kill you . If you play too aggressive/tight he can weave and bob his way out of it anyways and somebody is left open and he will find them. He's amazing how he dangles and twists and turns in the tight areas and that is the key that makes our PP so explosive. Fox is good at this too and the combo is tough too stop.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone who remembers 94 compare this current PP which I think is better than anything we've had in decades (the personnel is even better than last year as Trochek>Strome) to the PP in 94 which I believe was #1 in the league that year?

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I know I'm Captain no fun right now, but out of the four games that this team is played I'm not overly excited about any of them except for the Tampa Bay game. Even that one leave some questions simply because Tampa doesn't really look right to start the year. The Wild are a defensive disaster right now, The Jets are not a good team, and the ducks are probably going to be in the lottery. Three and one start is great, of corsi numbers and stuff against bad teams are usually going to look great. I'm optimistic, but I'm really waiting to see what they do against some of the actual good teams in the league. Can they play complete games and the effective 5v5?

honestly igor lost focus. he needs shots and pressure to keep up quality play. not an excuse but it’s tough to get upset when the closest they got after the first tie up was 2 goals behind. we absolutely dominated them offensively. and I think most impressive is we never let up in the 3rd period. this is a really good start for the team.
100 percent. For many goalies less work is more challenging and learning how to manage that lesser workload in game and stay focused is an adjustment.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Our 3rd line is no slouch either. Someone posted their fancy stats and they were the best on the team. They look very good out there. I also feel like Gallant's playing the 4th line less which I'm glad.
Yeah and that third line plays straight line hockey so it’s kind of the perfect change up to be mixed in after the first two lines. Stylistically it’s a good line to follow the top 6. Blais and Chytil are definitely going to be a solid cycling pair, both are very strong on the boards. Vesey is whatever but he’s been fine so far on the third line, I’d like to see Kravtsov on that RW when he’s healthy but Vesey also fits well.

I hope Gallant keeps the top 6 as is for a while. Kakko and Lafreniere both are really meshing well on those lines.

Reactions: Rongomania

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I know I'm Captain no fun right now, but out of the four games that this team is played I'm not overly excited about any of them except for the Tampa Bay game. Even that one leave some questions simply because Tampa doesn't really look right to start the year. The Wild are a defensive disaster right now, The Jets are not a good team, and the ducks are probably going to be in the lottery. Three and one start is great, of corsi numbers and stuff against bad teams are usually going to look great. I'm optimistic, but I'm really waiting to see what they do against some of the actual good teams in the league. Can they play complete games and the effective 5v5?

100 percent. For many goalies less work is more challenging and learning how to manage that lesser workload in game and stay focused is an adjustment.
but that’s just it. our stats weren’t good against bad teams either last year. pre deadline we were legitimately one of the worst stats teams in hockey night in and night out. there was a game where the coyotes hung a 70% corsi on us iirc. we were negative in both seattle and vancouver games. it took us 16 games to have two games over 55% cf last year (we already have three).

i’m not trying to argue this team is amazing and it’s on lock but this is certainly an already very apparent improvement, no doubt.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Can someone who remembers 94 compare this current PP which I think is better than anything we've had in decades (the personnel is even better than last year as Trochek>Strome) to the PP in 94 which I believe was #1 in the league that year?

As much as I want to tell you how glorious it was, it was far too many beers ago for me to really remember.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
but that’s just it. our stats weren’t good against bad teams either last year. pre deadline we were legitimately one of the worst stats teams in hockey night in and night out. there was a game where the coyotes hung a 70% corsi on us iirc. we were negative in both seattle and vancouver games. it took us 16 games to have two games over 55% cf last year (we already have three).

i’m not trying to argue this team is amazing and it’s on lock but this is certainly an already very apparent improvement, no doubt.
I hear what you're saying, but I also am curious what the stats were at the start of last year. This roster should be able to walk over half the league with its eyes closed simply because of the skill that it has, especially in games played in the very beginning of the year. Skill trump's structure in the beginning of every season. Structures don't usually come into place until about 10-15 games in. That's just why I'm not doing cartwheels right now because they're beating either non playoff teams or teams that are struggling terribly to start the year. I'm not saying the rangers aren't good, I'm just being guarded from putting the cart before the horse and losing perspective of just how dominant skill is in the start of the season. Trust me, I want nothing more than to watch this team become dominant, of all, and win a cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad