Dubois

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
This didn't age well...

Honestly, it is what it is and they probably are the two I would pair. If we are forced to keep PLD and I had a say, and that say didn't include chucking PLD into shark-infested waters, then he is no longer a center, we are done playing games with Byfield, Kopitar's minutes are reduced and he is now 2nd line center and will be replaced by Byfield's increased minutes. The new first line is PLD-Byfield-Fiala and will be forced to stick together to develop some chemistry and drag PLD's corpse to respectable numbers.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Honestly, it is what it is and they probably are the two I would pair. If we are forced to keep PLD and I had a say, and that say didn't include chucking PLD into shark-infested waters, then he is no longer a center, we are done playing games with Byfield, Kopitar's minutes are reduced and he is now 2nd line center and will be replaced by Byfield's increased minutes. The new first line is PLD-Byfield-Fiala and will be forced to stick together to develop some chemistry and drag PLD's corpse to respectable numbers.
PLD-Byfield-Fiala
Fagemo-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Kaliyev
Laferriere-Turcotte-Thomas

I actually like that a lot.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The new first line is PLD-Byfield-Fiala and will be forced to stick together to develop some chemistry and drag PLD's corpse to respectable numbers.
It is NOT an issue of chemistry, it's an issue of effort, or lack there of. In this case, a lack of effort would degrade whatever the other two bring into the game. You really want Byfield, your best forward to carry PLD?

No coach is going to deliberately endure more then a few games if the corpse doesn't do more then a cardio around the rink. You don't want to degrade the entire line FIRST LINE in the hope that you can ignite said corpse.

We had the same situation in Montreal where we were placing Anderson on CC/Suzuki line to get him going. The entire first line was worse because Andersons tunnel vision destroyed the creativity of the other two.

Just my two cents worth as a hockey fan...

Reactions: chris kontos

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It is NOT an issue of chemistry, it's an issue of effort, or lack there of. In this case, a lack of effort would degrade whatever the other two bring into the game. You really want Byfield, your best forward to carry PLD?

No coach is going to deliberately endure more then a few games if the corpse doesn't do more then a cardio around the rink. You don't want to degrade the entire line FIRST LINE in the hope that you can ignite said corpse.

We had the same situation in Montreal where we were placing Anderson on CC/Suzuki line to get him going. The entire first line was worse because Andersons tunnel vision destroyed the creativity of the other two.

Just my two cents worth as a hockey fan...

In my opinion, I think Byfield is the only one that can carry him, but I guess Moore-Byfield-Fiala and PLD-Kopitar-Kempe could work. It's a crap shoot either way, but no matter what PLD should be on the wing.

Reactions: lumbergh

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Bedard to Dubois, power-play goal with 1 second left, woo-hoo! Not bad for the perennial 3rd-line center. Tavares has also just joined the team, recording an assist.

Kempe & Grundström currently on the ice against Poland, Kempe with second assist in his second game.

The Swedish blue line is pretty ridiculous: Hedman, Karlsson, Dahlin...

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
PLD should know better by know, you're not allowed to go to the netfront, you have to pass it out to the blue line to one of your immobile defensemen with no shot

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
If anyone defends Dubois based on his play/production in the worlds they should be perma banned.

Legends night incoming... What if he returns to LA, crowned a world champion? That would warrant a 5-year extension for Blake, at the very least.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
PLD should know better by know, you're not allowed to go to the netfront, you have to pass it out to the blue line to one of your immobile defensemen with no shot

The inept coaching staff of Tourigny – Evason – Woodcroft – Ott is to be blamed for this. Meanwhile, Koala boarding a plane for Toronto...

• Haha
Reactions: tny760

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Funny seeing Dubois score a Vilardi like goal on the power play. The Kings never had a power play setup to utilize him in that fashion.
Against Denmark.

The inept coaching staff of Tourigny – Evason – Woodcroft – Ott is to be blamed for this. Meanwhile, Koala boarding a plane for Toronto...
anybody who's ever traveled via airplane should be familiar with the concept of connecting flights

Reactions: King'sPawn

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
You mean he's headed for Australia? 🤔
I laughed

BUT

the number of times I've flown into Toronto only to wind up in Nova Scotia or Ottawa is fairly significant

The number of times I've had layovers in Dallas, Baltimore, Denver, Chicago or Charlotte on my way to or from LA is even greater

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Against Denmark.
Beat me to the punch.

I'm glad he scored. I hope he continues to score and that it carries over into the next seven years with the Kings. But I'm also cautious about any other discussion about him immediately producing outside of the Kings organization when he's playing against Denmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad