Confirmed with Link: Trade: Pierre-Luc Dubois to Washington for Darcy Kuemper… the trade is one for one

adenberger

Mar 31, 2023
Massive win for the Caps. People tend to overweight the past year when talking about Dubois. A year ago a team traded two legit guys and a pick for him. Now we get him for basically nothing. Caps needed to find creative ways to get impact forwards and this is about as good as they could do

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
BMac is an idiot unless PLD can turn it around and give a shit again. Time will tell but this looks rough at the moment. I guess this at least gives Clay Stevenson the chance to make the NHL next season now. Darcy gets to go back west and PLD gets a fresh start...again. Hopefully we get 60 point PLD who plays a two way game not 40 point Kuzy styled PLD....woooo

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
If we put him on a line with Tommy we will be on our way to having the most hated line of all time.

I don't hate this that much yet. I do like the upside play but man, what a contract to take on.

Reactions: Calicaps

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
you have said you would stomach it if they made a move like this. why change now?
Literally not at all what I said but whatever makes you feel better. Give yourself a week. You’ll find some fancy stats and a GMBM interview and you’ll be pumping this move as golden like everything he does lol

So he does nothing, you bitch. He does what you ask, and you bitch.

Riding that fence and never having too actually stake a position must be so easy.
So let me get this right. His ONLY options are trading for a GOD AWFUL contract or nothing!? What a world you live in lol

Reactions: PlushMinus

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
does PLD have experience on the wing?
More likely I'm guessing Lapierre plays wing, mostly because of face-offs. That said, McMichael remains RFA so it'll be interesting how this changes their sorting. Do they look to make further moves, particularly if Leonard returns to BC? For full entertainment value they definitely need Leonard in the mix. C'mon, man.

One thing on Dubois last season is he was more or less relegated to the bottom six. A role that was earned but it's not like he had amazing linemates much of the time either. In DC he'll be thrown into a prominent role you'd think and...we'll see.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I mean it's risky but it's not my money here. Kuemper was a negative and so was PLD but there is great potential and as a big center if he rebounds he's going to be valuable going forward (see: Mantha).

I think he'll do well away from LA system and with PP1 chance but he's going to need to create a lot himself.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
IMG_2678.gif

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
What a world you live in lol
The irony....

Anyways, I think some of the PLD hate is semi-overblown. He's had one shit year on a team that was obviously having problems with a coach getting canned in February. Before that he was a 60 point guy, close to 30 goals a season, and considered a big piece. Still only 25.

I trust Carbery, but I'm still hesitant to think this was a great move. It does make me hope Oshie comes back to keep the leadership in the room to guide the dude along.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Reading through social media, I kinda feel like I've been watching these two players' careers in a parallel universe comparing to most of the commentators. I like the trade and have always liked PLD. Not a leader by any means and has some screws loose in his own way but all the talent in the world. Give him the right coach like Trotz was for Luznetsov and he will make things happen.

Kuemper...well don't want to badmouth the guy on his way out but yeah, that was one of the worst contracts the Capitals had signed in many years.

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
BMAC might:

Trade for a defenseman, center, goaltender, left winger or right winger

Sign a defenseman, center, goaltender, left winger or right winger

Do nothing

Resign some players

Did I cover all my bases so I can say TOLD YA SO
If you followed along…literally yesterday I said his two moves this year was a busted 3D and reclamation project middle 6 forward. Half way there homie.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Youngish centers with upside are tough to acquire so I get the logic, particularly since they've repeatedly pointed to age as primary considerations in many moves the past few years. But it does come with real baggage and presents a big project for Carbery. Seems like they still need more up front in the top six.

If my math is right they still have about $6M to spend on a net upgrade if they go cheap in the back-up spot even if Oshie remains on the books and not LTIRed. Enough for another top six winger if that's the direction they go. Big picture...definitely have to wonder if this doesn't put McMichael or Lapierre in play.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad