Dreger: Edmonton has offered Ken Holland another position within the Organization. Not part of drafting in Vegas though.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
McDavid is good bros with Nurse, it was a dream to think he would walk...McDavid helped get a few contracts for his buds on the Oil.
Lol why do people care so much that McDavid “GMs” the team. First of all it’s not true.

And second of all if it is true, he’s been a great GM. Let’s assume McD actually drove the busses on these moves:

Knoblauch hire - worked like charm. Best coach in the McD era.

Hyman signing - best signing of all time

Brown - finally became a great player for the Oil and helped us win in the playoffs. If he resigns for cheap another huge win for GM Connor.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
Lol why do people care so much that McDavid “GMs” the team. First of all it’s not true.

And second of all if it is true, he’s been a great GM. Let’s assume McD actually drove the busses on these moves:

Knoblauch hire - worked like charm. Best coach in the McD era.

Hyman signing - best signing of all time

Brown - finally became a great player for the Oil and helped us win in the playoffs. If he resigns for cheap another huge win for GM Connor.
Last 2 are major cope. Hymann great signing. Best of all time? You are CRAZY
Brown- yes good in the playoffs but man that 3 million bonus sucks

Reactions: Lahey

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Last 2 are major cope. Hymann great signing. Best of all time? You are CRAZY
Brown- yes good in the playoffs but man that 3 million bonus sucks
It’s not cope. It’s slight hyperbole. But without hyperbole, I will call it ONE of the greatest signings of all time and THE greatest signing in Oilers history. That’s the plain truth.

The Brown bonus still has a chance to turn around. If he resigns on the cheap consider the lack of production he had in regular season. And we get the real Connor brown this season, the one who showed up to the playoffs finally 100% healthy, then this contract becomes really good for the Oil.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Keeping him as far away from the draft as possible is a smart move. He probably still secretly calls Tyler Wright for advice.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
he doesn't need to for it to be one of the best UFA signings ever

a couple more ~40 goal regular seasons and he's already there at this point

You better hope McDavid doesn't get injured then (kind of like what happened at the beginning of the year), because 54 goals and 23 assists does not suggest a play driver.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
You better hope McDavid doesn't get injured then (kind of like what happened at the beginning of the year), because 54 goals and 23 assists does not suggest a play driver.

I mean he had 23 assists BECAUSE McDavid was injured this year

there was clearly something wrong with McDavid's shot all year, he had 47 assists last year playing with him but there's only so much he can do if McDavid's only putting up 32 goals

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
I mean he had 23 assists BECAUSE McDavid was injured this year

there was clearly something wrong with McDavid's shot all year, he had 47 assists last year playing with him but there's only so much he can do if McDavid's only putting up 32 goals

Do me a favor.

Watch this

Then watch this

And tell me the differences you see.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Wasn’t Holland considering retiring anyways? Wasn’t Jackson brought in early in the year to take over from Holland?

Wasn’t this the plan the whole time? Holland wanted Jackson to take over.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
wait....you mean Hyman isn't carrying McDavid?

my entire worldview is shattered

What should shatter your worldview is that McDavid is Crosby, he's going to produce with literally anyone.

So maybe Holland should've gone all in on what Edmonton really needed - a goalie.

But he's Ken Holland and he doesn't do the right thing.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I'm sure he was good at something at some point in his career. Peter principle and whatnot. Send him back to that

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Do me a favor.

Watch this

Then watch this

And tell me the differences you see.

I believe the point he was making is that Hyman's assists went down because McDavid hasn't been able to shoot the puck all year, so his goal scoring was cut in half.

McDavid, being McDavid, adapted and put up 100 assists instead which obviously helped Hyman get 50+ goals to compensate for the drop in assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00