Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW) - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not sure we see a double but yah.. I'd like to see him take that next step in leading.. Don't be just a good player drive the team; set the pace.. I think he's got it in him.

Get a touch of meanness to his game. A bit of attitude. Like, hell yeah, I belong here and I'm not taking shit from anyone kind of attitude.

If he makes a point of carving out his space a bit more, he'll really be something.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Tkachuk Pinto Batherson as a possession dominating first line could render incredible results for this team if they want to be a playoff team. Big line with high IQ players that could tire out the opposition.
Give me Tkachuk Norris Batherson with a 100% healthy Norris and watch Drake outscore Stu

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Pinto is a better player than Norris. I dont think its really close either.

He did and Pinto came to stay with him for 2 weeks as well.
Pinto might be better than Norris, but that chemistry Norris and Bath had with the Captain was unreal.

I'll be happy with either or

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

He did and Pinto came to stay with him for 2 weeks as well.

Good to hear that Pinto got some of that experience. Probably bodes well for him. Those are, IMO, probably our two most coachable forwards. I feel like they'll both maximize learning in those situations.

Pinto is great but I think a fully healthy Norris is a better player (at this point at least). In his breakout year he was a legit 40 goal threat and was developing a good two way game. The Norris of last year, playing with one arm, is not as good as Pinto though. I'm hoping we get a fully healthy Norris at least through the second half of this year. I have my doubts though.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good to hear that Pinto got some of that experience. Probably bodes well for him. Those are, IMO, probably our two most coachable forwards. I feel like they'll both maximize learning in those situations.

Pinto is great but I think a fully healthy Norris is a better player (at this point at least). In his breakout year he was a legit 40 goal threat and was developing a good two way game. The Norris of last year, playing with one arm, is not as good as Pinto though. I'm hoping we get a fully healthy Norris at least through the second half of this year. I have my doubts though.
Pinto to me is a much better defensive player than Norris. Norris was a better goal scorer that year no doubt and its a higher peak than we have seen from Pinto. But I dont think Pinto is close to being done developing. He has had some spirts that I have found him more dominant from an eye test perspective than Norris ever was. He is a late bloomer, I think when he starts to get more consistent and can put together longer stretches there is a player with some very high upside. His skillset and package has a matchup center that will tilt the ice all over it. I think he has better puck distribution skills than Norris.

Reactions: Icelevel

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Norris is not getting enough respect.

Pinto needs to show he can be consistent before I will even consider he may, eventually, get better than Norris.

Norris is going to force people to remember how good he was before his injury this season.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley

Pinto needs to show he can be consistent before I will even consider he may, eventually, get better than Norris.

Norris is going to force people to remember how good he was before his injury this season.
He was playing stellar defensive hockey before the Octoberfest Coyotes game, the points would have came eventually.

Reactions: OD99

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

People are just worried about health wrt Norris, we haven't seen a healthy Norris since 21-22.

He hurt his shoulder after Xmas that year but came back and finished the year scoring nearly a pt per game after missing a month.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Norris just knows how to score in the NHL though, sometimes it wasn't flashy and looked repetitive and low creativity but the puck would convincingly and consistently end up in the back of the net, which is invaluable, AND he was the defensive player on his line.

Would have been fun to see who became the better player without injuries. Hopefully we still get the chance.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
People are just worried about health wrt Norris, we haven't seen a healthy Norris since 21-22.

He hurt his shoulder after Xmas that year but came back and finished the year scoring nearly a pt per game after missing a month.
I understand it, but I am not ready to write him off. He is so young, he can bounce back.

His skating isn't affected by his shoulder and I think people are forgetting how smooth and quick he is.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Maybe last season and going forward but I doubt Pinto ever comes close to having a stretch where he scores 47 goals in 91 games, which is what Norris did just before the 2022-23 season.

Pinto hasn't done this analytically too :

This was his rookie season in 2020-21 and before "JFresh lolz comments", note that there's plenty of Selke level forwards in that list and great defensive forwards. The only few surprises were there because of a favorable deployment and put in a position to succeed but it was not Norris case, he was facing top competition night after night.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad