Draisaitl or Bergeron

Draisaitl or Bergeron

• Draisaitl

• Bergeron

Results are only viewable after voting.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
love bergeron but this is silly. switch teams they played for and one would still be a very good player who almost never sees the playoffs in his career and the other would be even more special. Bergeron was almost never on a bad team and yes he is part of that. Drai has almost never been on a good team. It took the oilers scoring in the playoffs like we havent seen in nearly 40 years for them to get to the cup final. Drai would have 2 more scoring titles if not for Mcdavid. Picking Bergeron in this is doing so just to be different.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Drai has the gaudy numbers where he'll be remembered as one of the best who's ever done it if he continues this pace for another 5 years or so. Bergeron has the complete game and is considered one of the three best defensive centers in history and arguably the most dominant individual trophy run ever ( 12 straight years finalist for Selke, 14 straight years of top 5 ).

As a Bruins fan, I'm picking Bergeron. But I understand why others would pick Drai; his offensive output is incredible.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Bergeron has proven to play at a high level and be “the guy”, Draisaitl has not. You may lose a bit of production with Bergeron but you get one of the modern days best two way a player.

Might want to check out Drai's playoff production which is almost as good as McDavid's playoff production.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I went Bergeron even though I feel Drai is the better player.

If we take the best from both players, Drai takes it easily imo. The difference maker is Bergeron's consistency and leadership.

I think if both were offered to my team at the same age, my team would have more success with Bergeron.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Might want to check out Drai's playoff production which is almost as good as McDavid's playoff production.
Which is what happens from them playing together. Draisaitl is still a good offensive player but I’ll keep my reservations about him until I can see a sustained level of play without needing McDavid on his line.

I know what I will get with Bergeron, I don’t know what I will get from Draisaitl

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I had this argument for so many years re Kopitar. Maybe the gap is too big here, that's fine. But it's not as simple as it looks. People would often go well who would you rather have, 70-ish point Kopitar or the 100 point player and it's like well, head to head 70 point kopitar turns your 100 point player into a 50 point puddle so yeah, kopitar

similar case for bergeron here but as others have mentioned...the gap is debatable.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I had this argument for so many years re Kopitar. Maybe the gap is too big here, that's fine. But it's not as simple as it looks. People would often go well who would you rather have, 70-ish point Kopitar or the 100 point player and it's like well, head to head 70 point kopitar turns your 100 point player into a 50 point puddle so yeah, kopitar

similar case for bergeron here but as others have mentioned...the gap is debatable.

Drai is a 110+ point player and nearly hit 130. Big difference between that and a mere 100 point player. Even if we’re generous with Bergeron and give him a 15% bump on his points (he crossed 70 just once during his final 16 years, so 80 points is more than generous).

Combine that with the fact that during a time period where Bergeron won the Selke twice and was runner up twice, Drai put up 9 points in his last 6 games against Bergeron and the Bruins (Bergeron had 4) and Drai would dismantle him.

Bergeron doesn’t generate enough offense to offset 40-50 points against a guy who would have little issue scoring with him on the ice to begin with.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Drai is a 110+ point player and nearly hit 130. Big difference between that and a mere 100 point player. Even if we’re generous with Bergeron and give him a 15% bump on his points (he crossed 70 just once during his final 16 years, so 80 points is more than generous).

Combine that with the fact that during a time period where Bergeron won the Selke twice and was runner up twice, Drai put up 9 points in his last 6 games against Bergeron and the Bruins (Bergeron had 4) and Drai would dismantle him.

Bergeron doesn’t generate enough offense to offset 40-50 points against a guy who would have little issue scoring with him on the ice to begin with defensive two way play in his prime is more than enough to close that gap, especially within it knowing how Draisaitl would be without McDavid
Bergeron defensive two way play makes up for the gap in points, and you don’t know what kind of player you’re getting with Draisaitl away from McDavid. He could very well only be a 100pt player .

80 points + defensive play > 100-110 points + defensive liability

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Bergeron defensive two way play makes up for the gap in points, and you don’t know what kind of player you’re getting with Draisaitl away from McDavid. He could very well only be a 100pt player .

80 points + defensive play > 100-110 points + defensive liability
Calling Bergeron a “two way” forward is rather generous. Also the gap in points is huge :laugh: Drai has 5 seasons with over 100 points, 3 seasons with 50 or more goals, and his playoff numbers are incredible. Bergeron also played a lot with Marchand and Pastrnak which resulted in some of his best offensive seasons….maybe don’t leave that detail out

80 points? You realize Bergeron never hit 80 points, right?

Reactions: ManByng

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Calling Bergeron a “two way” forward is rather generous. Also the gap in points is huge :laugh: Drai has 5 seasons with over 100 points, 3 seasons with 50 or more goals, and his playoff numbers are incredible. Bergeron also played a lot with Marchand and Pastrnak which resulted in some of his best offensive seasons….maybe don’t leave that detail out

80 points? You realize Bergeron never hit 80 points, right?
Stopped reading after “Calling Bergeron a “two way” forward is rather generous.”

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Stopped reading after “Calling Bergeron a “two way” forward is rather generous.”
:laugh::laugh: Sounds about right. I love when posters attempt to make an argument but fold when they can’t back it or debate it. Bergeron has a career Average is like 66 points per 82 games I believe.

Again, let me know when Bergeron scored 80 points because Dari actually scored 100-110 points….multiple times.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
:laugh::laugh: Sounds about right. I love when posters attempt to make an argument but fold when they can’t back it or debate it. Bergeron has a career Average is like 66 points per 82 games I believe.

Again, let me know when Bergeron scored 80 points because Dari actually scored 100-110 points….multiple times.
Sure, when someone claims he’s scored 80 points.

Letsdothis

Jun 19, 2024
Oilers fan voting for Bergeron. Starting from a scratch, a Selke forward that dominates match ups in the playoffs is probably better. It's a good poll though.. hard to compare and depends on the composition of the roster. Draisaitl's results in his minutes without McDavid are underwhelming to say the least, but he turns into Mario Lemieux when paired with McDavid. It's hard to say how good he would be playing with other dynamic players that aren't the most gamebreaking forward the NHL has seen in this century.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
The key phrase is adding to my team. The Canucks were already 6th in goals/ game in the regular season (3.4/ game), while they were 23rd in goals against (2.7/ game). The penalty kill was middling though at 15th (79.1%) and we don't have any RH centers, much less one who was in the high-50s to 60+% in draws. JT Miller was 3 points behind Leon in this year's scoring race. I'd readily take Bergeron to anchor the 3rd C role so Miller and Petey can get easier matchups, and I'd trust 37 to face 97 in Edmonton and contain him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is tough because I think if you're looking for the guy to be your #1 player on your team, I don't know if Bergeron can carry the offense and be that guy. Bergeron seems more like the "perfect" #2 player behind an already elite #1 offensive player, but if you're starting a team from scratch and picking either Bergeron or Draisaitl to be the *best* forward on the roster, I don't know if you'll get enough offense out of Bergeron to fit the bill.

And while not exactly a popular opinion, I think HF overrates the "you win Cups with two-way guys, you win scoring titles with offensive guys" mantra when it comes to Bergeron when you consider for all his hype, he's got a single Cup win under his belt and he wasn't even the main guy on that team. Meanwhile, "offense only" built teams down the middle like the Pens and Lightning have won more Cups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad