Prospect Info: Draft Thread | Oilers Select 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
There is some rumours here Finland with Kekäläinen that he is not gonna draft Finnish player. So there might be even change that Puljujärvi ends up to be free for Edmonton. We will see.

When you hear stuff like this, it reinforces my belief that even if the Oilers are leaning towards trading the pick (and IMO they aren't, not saying they won't listen but I don't think they're going to trade it no matter what), it behooves them to wait until they're on the draft day floor to see if Columbus does something really stupid and pass on Puljujarvi.

Because if he's there at #4, if I'm Chia that turns into a *much* better trade chip if that happens. And if there's no trade oh well...I don't just run to that podium to call his name, I SCAMPER up there like a fat kid hearing the ice cream man ringing his bell.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
When you hear stuff like this, it reinforces my belief that even if the Oilers are leaning towards trading the pick (and IMO they aren't, not saying they won't listen but I don't think they're going to trade it no matter what), it behooves them to wait until they're on the draft day floor to see if Columbus does something really stupid and pass on Puljujarvi.

Because if he's there at #4, if I'm Chia that turns into a *much* better trade chip if that happens. And if there's no trade oh well...I don't just run to that podium to call his name, I SCAMPER up there like a fat kid hearing the ice cream man ringing his bell.

Pretty good gamesmanship by Columbus GM then haha. Get Oilers to cancel all trades just to wait it out to have shot at Puljarvi.

Although maybe 4th has more value now that some GMs think Puljarvi is a possibly

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
For 4th overall and RNH they sure as hell better find a better option than a pending UFA. That would land Subban, who is way better and a guarantee to be on the Oilers for next 7 years

Maybe Blues really would agree for just RNH or draft pick, but I'm sure they will insist on surplus. Anyway upcoming draft is gonna be very exciting.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Shattenkirk is an elit right-handed d-man available for trade. Don't think Oilers can find better.

Shatty would be great on the PP but will get chewed up in EDM if he was the #1.

No way he is worth 4th overall without an extension.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Maybe Blues really would agree for just RNH or draft pick, but I'm sure they will insist on surplus. Anyway upcoming draft is gonna be very exciting.

But why would the Oilers trade Nugent-Hopkins for Shattenkirk? What makes you think he would re-sign, because you have to be sure.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
But why would the Oilers trade Nugent-Hopkins for Shattenkirk? What makes you think he would re-sign, because you have to be sure.

Believe Connor McDavid and Taylor Hall is the reason. Oilers have a good base for building a contender.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Believe Connor McDavid and Taylor Hall is the reason. Oilers have a good base for building a contender.

Ok, so you've traded Nugent-Hopkins, and Shattenkirk walks after the season. Then what?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Shattenkirk is an elit right-handed d-man available for trade. Don't think Oilers can find better.

Shattenkirk wants to play close to NY or Boston. There is absolutely no chance the oiler trade for him. Much less overpay drastically for him.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Yup, Toronto winning the lotto kinda sucks because media will be stroking themselves for hours on end because of Matthews and the future "elite" core. But honestly, I rarely watch TSN or Sportsnet on TV anyway, all on web so I can pick and choose what segments to watch. And them getting it is way, way better than Calgary/Vancouver or a Western team

I could see Puljarvi easily in NHL next year, but I could also see Dubios. I think his tools are great too and enough to wonder if he could surpass Pulj in 5 years

I wonder if theres a trade up option for Oilers and Columbus? If they want a center, and we want a big physical RW. I wouldnt trade up that much, but maybe 4th + 2nd for 3rd overall + 4th round pick

Or 4th overall + Yak for 3rd overall + Savard

Puljujarvi>> 4th overall

Savard> Yak

Columbus easily says no

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
There is some rumours here Finland with Kekäläinen that he is not gonna draft Finnish player. So there might be even change that Puljujärvi ends up to be free for Edmonton. We will see.

Um, why?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
PL Dubios is nothing to be disappointed over. 42 goals 99 points in 62 games, comparisons to Hossa/Benn. I think hed not really that far off for Puljarvi (but there is a gap). I think he is a Hall level prospect TBH. The top 3 being so good and so hyped as really left a guy like Dubios really underrated

I'm always leery of anyone from the Q but I literally know next to nothing about Dubois. His scouting reports seem solid enough.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Puljujarvi>> 4th overall

Savard> Yak

Columbus easily says no

Not really. Savard is extremely suspect defensively and is a below average 5 x 5 point producer. He is not really that good at all. He is a project defenseman that could wind up as a career #4

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Columbus is an interesting target. I wouldn't deal no 4, but would move RNH for one of there D JJ or Savard, plus.

JJ? come on now. Johnson is terribad. If you are dealing RNH to columbus its for Jones, or Murray at worst

This is Columbus. Horrible team, atrocious cap situation, bad GM. You are just taking parts from them at this point, not begging to make a fair deal with them

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Only thing I can think of is they could be enamoured with a defenceman.

I don't think it matters that Puljujarvi is Finnish, but of course I think that's who Columbus is taking.

My gut feeling is if there's a tiny chance they pass on him it's for Dubois.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Only thing I can think of is they could be enamoured with a defenceman.

If that's the case, they should trade down with Calgary or Vancouver. Imagine either of those teams would love to grab Puljujarvi. Could you imagine a Gaudreau, Monahan, Puljujarvi line?

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'm always leery of anyone from the Q but I literally know next to nothing about Dubois. His scouting reports seem solid enough.

Don't worry, he is the real deal. If he played on the Knights with Marner, he would put up crazy numbers. I am a firm believer in size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad