GDT: Draft thread Day 2 - 11AM

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
My opinion is go where there is value.

If teams are overpaying for draft picks trade away.

It definitely depends on value for sure but I’d like see to us stop bleeding picks at this point. We’ve traded away a ton of draft capital the past couple of years for just one lousy round.

Reactions: horner

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Hope we don’t trade our 1st. This organization needs to start taking a future without the core 4 more seriously.
Don't get your hopes up.

Draft Schmaft is back baby, which is good because it worked so incredibly great the last time.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Hope we don’t trade our 1st. This organization needs to start taking a future without the core 4 more seriously.
We need to prepare for the future. I’ve said it before.
Get Matthews locked up with term to take advantage of a fixed salary if the cap rises, start collecting picks that can step in a help us in 2/3 years (especially when Tavares is off the books) and perform a mini retool now.

Reactions: Budz

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Treliving said yesterday the most likely scenario is the Leafs keep their 28th pick, even possibly move down, so with a likely 1st round pick at least there's a reason to watch beyond the drama of seeing which team will take Michkov.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
We need to prepare for the future. I’ve said it before.
Get Matthews locked up with term to take advantage of a fixed salary if the cap rises, start collecting picks that can step in a help us in 2/3 years (especially when Tavares is off the books) and perform a mini retool now.

Picks today and tomorrow ... 3-5 years away if they hit at all?

Are we expecting Hirvonen and Niemela to be part of this year's team?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Treliving said yesterday the most likely scenario is the Leafs keep their 28th pick, even possibly move down, so with a likely 1st round pick at least there's a reason to watch beyond the drama of seeing which team will take Michkov.

Teams say a lot of things and then do the opposite. New GMs seem to like to start off their tenure by selecting in the first round however, so I think it makes sense. But he also said he's fine with keeping Murray and 3 goaltenders into camp... "That'd be a good thing" he says.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Picks today and tomorrow ... 3-5 years away if they hit at all?

Are we expecting Hirvonen and Niemela to be part of this year's team?
They might get a taste this year to see where they're at or fill ins with injuries but I wouldn't expect them to be regulars

Teams say a lot of things and then do the opposite. New GMs seem to like to start off their tenure by selecting in the first round however, so I think it makes sense. But he also said he's fine with keeping Murray and 3 goaltenders into camp... "That'd be a good thing" he says.
Yeah I didn't understand the 3 goalies thing. Woll requires waivers this year and we can't lose him

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Think they'd waive Woll or Murray?

I expect a trade up or back.
They can go with 3 goalies on a 23 man roster until they figure it out.
Keep a player on the Marlies if someone gets injured.
12 forwards
6 D
3 goalies
2 skater spare. Don’t waste picks or buyouts right now.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Not in a contention window. Anything goes.

Nature of doing business when you are a top 5 team.

You do whatever you can to get over the hump. Otherwise, you sold out your fanbase.

Reactions: Rocker13 and ULF_55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad