Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

gach

Aug 2, 2018
SJ - Celebrini
CHI - Demidov
ANA - Levshunov
CLB - Lindstrom
CGY (from MTL) - Silayev.... MTL gets 9th and Honzek
UTA - Buium
OTT - Parekh
SEA - Dickinson
MTL - Iginla
NJ - Eiserman
BUF - Catton
PHI - Yakemchuk
MIN - Helenius
SJ - Connelly
Do you really think if Calgary picks where you have them they past by Iginla?

Reactions: KristichBabych

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
possibly, but they lack a blue chip prospect Dman

With a base of Weegar, Andersson and Kylington, we can afford not to make stupid trades like that. Especially since our scouts have done a great job hitting long term dman picks in the second and third rounds plus Miromanov, Pachal and Hanley do a decent job rounding out that d corps.

It's below league average, but passable for what we're doing in the next two seasons. It's not a completely brutal d corpse or anything like that.

Would rather draft BPA than toss Honzek into a trade to move up. Heck. If giving up on Honzek, I'd rather add another asset or two and see if we could get into the mid/late first. But IMO in a few years we will be happy we held onto Honzek, just like we were happy with Zary this year.

Reactions: Boomstick

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Congrats San Jose fans! It’s always nice to see a team get a 1st overall pick for the very first time.

Looks like a pretty good year to have a #1OA too! I remember how excited I was as a Sabres fan the first time they won it (this century). It was Dahlin’s draft year. I think I watched every highlight I could find :laugh:

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Actually insane.
I mean the California teams have been good teams generally in recent memory. Hard to win the lottery when you’re perennial playoff contenders.
Playoff hockey in the 2010’s against the Kings and the Ducks are my favorite playoff memories

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Sharks gonna be sick up front with Celebrini, Will Smith, Bystedt, Edstrom, Halttunen, Musty, Eklund, Graf and Bordeleau.

Development is needed, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Celebrini back with Boston U next season and Will Smith back with Boston C along with most of the players mentioned above in AHL, CHL or SHL.

Reactions: Boy Hedican

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Good for SJ.
Poor Celebrini is going to have a tough start to his career though. That team is a long ways away from being competitive
Yeah they are at the start of their rebuild. Though they have missed the PO in the 2020’s. But they were trying to win but failing with an aging group. Like Bedard I don’t foresee him in the PO during his elc years.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Well, I'm glad SJ ended up with the first overall pick. After the brutal season that team had, it definitely needs a lot of help. Teams shouldn't have to suffer through too many seasons like that before having hope of turning things around.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well, I'm glad SJ ended up with the first overall pick. After the brutal season that team had, it definitely needs a lot of help. Teams shouldn't have to suffer through too many seasons like that before having hope of turning things around.
End of the day Doug Wilson thought SJ was some sort of fountain of youth inking so many guys into their late30’s.
Going to take time to turn it around.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Its a process... Sharks are coming into their 5th year of being top 10 pick

2023 4th
2022 11th (traded down)
2021 7th
2020 3rd(lost pick in trade)

2024- top 3 pick, this will be their 5th year of rebuild.

And i wouldnt call the sharks particularly close to being done in their rebuild, your basically 1 year behind us... and im not sure they are that close to being done, id say they have 2 more years in the top 5.

Eventually it came true!
It only took lucking out with Draisaitl and Mcdavid. It could have been Bennett and Hanafin.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
So does San Jose getting #1 count as a lottery win against their limit? Or no because they didn’t gain a spot technically

what about the hawks ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad