Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I highly doubt Barkov's hand is gonna magically heal in 4 days.

Look at Bennett since he's been back, hasn't been nearly as impact full.

I don't think we'll be seeing the same dominant Barkov.

Gonna need Tkachuk and Verhaeghe to step up cause they were a let down against Boston.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Its complete different Series to the Boston Series.
Rangers are more fast Game and excellent Scoring Team, that will be a tough series for Ekblad.
If he get caught out of Position like in Game 6 against Boston, then it mostly can cost us a Goal.

I want us to reach Cup Final, but Rangers are far more hungry then Boston was and is.
Boston reach now a Periode like WSH and other, where the Main core or Main Players retire and no big names are there who are still hungry.
Rangers have their hunger back, with the current Team level to get the Cup now. Its the same Energy we had, when we had a real complete Team together.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Gonna need Tkachuk and Verhaeghe to step up cause they were a let down against Boston.

And where did you saw that his hand was hurt my always pessimistic friend ? :)

Reactions: Chaos2k7

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
There is not enough praise for Kuli IMO. Mahura did a very good job last year as number 6, but I find that Kuli gives us another level of physical and steady play. Also OEL contributes more than Gudas.

I find it so strange and impressive at the same time that our team plays so differently than last year. We are so disciplined, cool and defensively aware compared to last year where it was all about chaos, emotions and Bob. It is a big feat how this team learns and evolves each year. PoMo is doing a fantastic job, and the players are buying in.

Will it be enough for the NYR? Absolutely possible. We beat TB and BOS who both would have been trouble for NYR. Key figures to me are Zibanejad who always looks great against us and Tkachuk who has been pretty quiet so far - not bad, but to beat NYR he needs to be better.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

They need to step up but Barkov's hand looks fine without swelling etc in this video (starting around 35 second mark)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boothinator

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

I dont think he returns that game if his hand isnt good enough to play

I dont like that Panarin owns Bobrovsky

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
There is not enough praise for Kuli IMO. Mahura did a very good job last year as number 6, but I find that Kuli gives us another level of physical and steady play. Also OEL contributes more than Gudas.

I find it so strange and impressive at the same time that our team plays so differently than last year. We are so disciplined, cool and defensively aware compared to last year where it was all about chaos, emotions and Bob. It is a big feat how this team learns and evolves each year. PoMo is doing a fantastic job, and the players are buying in.

Will it be enough for the NYR? Absolutely possible. We beat TB and BOS who both would have been trouble for NYR. Key figures to me are Zibanejad who always looks great against us and Tkachuk who has been pretty quiet so far - not bad, but to beat NYR he needs to be better.

Kulikov (and also Mikkola) basically is a replacement to Gudas… And even if less of a BOOM-type, Kuli is really REALLY physical and tough !

But what’s even better is that… Okay maybe he doesn’t hurt as much as Gudas… But he also has a WAY better reputation, while being also more disciplined.

I loved Radko, and The Beard should always be something around here… But the Kulikov/Gudas swap was pretty pretty good and such an underrated move by BZ.

Easy decision probably with all the money Gudas got… But great under-the-radar move by Zito.

Also think Kulikov as a personality/swag that rivals Radko, even if more of a shy-type !

Remember how happy and pleased Barkov was with that signing… And Barky knew that Kuli was signed to be the Gudas-type veteran… I think it says it all !

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Barkov’s hand after the game

200w.gif

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
No.

We just reached the ECF. Anything more is just gravy IMO.

Of course I’d be very disappointed if they don’t make it to the SCF at least, being so close. Unless they lose in 4 a play horribly against NYR, I will consider this season a successful one.
I don’t see it this way we have some free agency questions. Plus we are considered by most as the team that will get to the Cup and win it plus we were there last year. I want to stay on the mountaintop it’s a long way down from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaWa and CHGoalie27

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Just looked at the numbers, out of the goalies who have played minimum 5 games in the playoffs Swayman is the clear #1 with GSAx / 60 at 1.144 with Shesterkin behind him at 0.843. There's a huge gap to Bob who's at 0.237, next to Freddie Andersen at 0.178.

Can't get Andersen level goaltending if they want to advance, let alone win it all.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Bobs has had one bad game so far
A few ok and a few god bob games but still feels like hes not at last years peak yet.

Were really gonna need it for the next series, tampas and bostons lack of scoring depth couldnt take advantage of our defensive lapses that we were handing out like candy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad