Low Effort GDT Draft day - 7:00 SN PART 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Pleased that all 3 picks last night are excellent skaters. Hard to play DJ hockey with too many poor to average skaters.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Hoping for ovchinnikov or rashevsky at some point today! I live to be disappointed. I would also like peterka/evangelista/gunler/robbins/foudy/grans/jarventie as others have said.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The efforts to manage the future expenses not to draft top six forwards by Melnyk is very alarming now, for the last three years. We have only one top six forward in Tim Stützle. Any GM in the league would jump to an opportunity to draft another top six forward to help Stützle and fill the sits in the arena by taking any of Alexander Holtz, Jack Quinn, Marco Rossi or Cole Perfetti. We already have in the system enough prospects who play defense. We need to build the first two lines. What has happened was a crime. We do not need another Marc Methot in Sanderson. We already have them and they already developed. This team really should fold, if they will continue this future financial assets management at the drat table. Clearly the four I mentioned above, were not drafted, because after ELC, those players could command up to 10 million dollars a year. Stützle will ask at least Auston Matthews money. He is that good if not better. And Sens can not even afford another 10 million top six contract? This is pathetic!!! Sanderson is not 8-10 million a year after ELC player, he will be 5 to 7 million and that's the only reason he was drafted.

If Sanderson becomes a 5-7 mil defenseman, that is a good thing. Sure, it isn't a grand slam home run....but a two run homer at 5th overall is still a positive.

Let's be honest here, there's maybe one legit $10 mil a year player taken every 2-3 drafts.

I get it...it's a bit of a letdown being on the Laf track all season. But getting a kid who has legit 1C potential, and a blueliner that has legit 2/3D is a nice step for the franchise.

And the league is changing. There is no magic formula or way to be a perennial contender anymore. Once Crosby/Malkin age out of the league, it's all lotto luck and whoever is best at development.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
The efforts to manage the future expenses not to draft top six forwards by Melnyk is very alarming now, for the last three years. We have only one top six forward in Tim Stützle. Any GM in the league would jump to an opportunity to draft another top six forward to help Stützle and fill the sits in the arena by taking any of Alexander Holtz, Jack Quinn, Marco Rossi or Cole Perfetti. We already have in the system enough prospects who play defense. We need to build the first two lines. What has happened was a crime. We do not need another Marc Methot in Sanderson. We already have them and they already developed. This team really should fold, if they will continue this future financial assets management at the drat table. Clearly the four I mentioned above, were not drafted, because after ELC, those players could command up to 10 million dollars a year. Stützle will ask at least Auston Matthews money. He is that good if not better. And Sens can not even afford another 10 million top six contract? This is pathetic!!! Sanderson is not 8-10 million a year after ELC player, he will be 5 to 7 million and that's the only reason he was drafted.

I understand your concern, but look at it this way. To build a winner, you need studs on defense. Ottawa is not sure how the kids on defense are going to turn out as defense is harder to develop so getting a second stud on D makes sense. Also, there is a risk factor. What happens to your playoff run if Chabot goes down to injury? Oh CRAP, is what happens. Sanderson is insurance for that.

As for forwards, the Sens have a large number of kids that are looking like top 6 forwards and they are closer to the NHL than their D. Then there is the 2021 draft where Ottawa is going to pick very high. They can go for a forward and plop him into the lineup faster than a Defense.

Reactions: OUT HOUSE

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lots of good players left in the 2nd & even 3rd rds to pick & the Sens have 6 picks left although I don't expect they will keep all of them.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Tkachuk?

Reactions: Flamingo

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
The Coyotes lost pick 49, so now each pick after that moves up 1 position. So Ottawa has 51, 58, 60 and 63.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

giphy.gif

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It kinda shows Bruce is talking out of his ass when the GM says they don't expect to make all their 2nd round selection and he says he expects them to make them all.

I hate this guy with a passion, he's such a bad reporter.

Reactions: Matsens15

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It kinda shows Bruce is talking out of his ass when the GM says they don't expect to make all their 2nd round selection and he says he expects them to make them all.

I hate this guy with a passion, he's such a bad reporter.
He's not really a reporter, that would suggest some kind of autonomy. He's unofficially the head of PR for the team.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Hoping we can snag a decent RHD prospect with one of our 2nd's (Grans, Villeneuve, Moore, Powell).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad