Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Podkolzin 4.

There are like a billion arguments against taking him that high but **** it.

I'll go back to what a lot of posters clamored for last season --- home run swings.

Podkolzin would definitely be a hardy swing.

Look forward to seeing how his season plays out.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Probably would agree here. Dach is a better playmaker, bur Cozens has much higher two-way potential as a 25-40 type of a player.

I think he will be better than that. He’s going to be the #1 ranked player on my October list that will be coming out soon. :DD

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I also think a guy like Kaliyev could disrupt some lists.
He was already 30th in OHL goal scoring last season in his D-1 year. I’m surprised how many people are sleeping on just how ridiculous of a goal scorer he has been at every level. Almost a goal per game pace to start this season too. I said a while back that I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the top-10 by June.

I think he will be better than that. He’s going to be the #1 ranked player on my October list that will be coming out soon. :DD
You’re insane. :laugh: Hughes and Kakko are 1&2 regardless of how much you say otherwise :D

Reactions: Joey Bones

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Probably would agree here. Dach is a better playmaker, bur Cozens has much higher two-way potential as a 25-40 type of a player.

Cozens' play has been more even for me over the last couple of years.

Dach grabbed my attention in 2017, left me wanting last season, and then has come out of the gate charging this season.

Cozens has a certain hockey sense to him that I like to see. I think he's one of those players who is skilled, but has a chance to be more than the sum of his parts because of his understanding of the game.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I also think a guy like Kaliyev could disrupt some lists.

theres my riser right there. we certainly needs a true 1C but holy smokes is this kid drool worthy.

hes got the ability to lift the pucks and pick corners at will. hes a natural sniper. thats a 30 goal scorers shot right there.

watch the goals he scores, they are absolute lasers. hard to not drool over that ability to finish.

and hes a rangers fan... :naughty:

Arthur Kaliyev

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He was already 30th in OHL goal scoring last season in his D-1 year. I’m surprised how many people are sleeping on just how ridiculous of a goal scorer he has been at every level. Almost a goal per game pace to start this season too. I said a while back that I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the top-10 by June.

He is a late June birthday as well, which makes it all the more impressive. He had higher 5v5 eSh/60 and exG/60 than Svechnikov last year (1st among U18 OHL players), was 2nd behind Svechnikov in 5v5 eG/60, and was 8th in 5v5 eP1/60. *The "e" is added because the TOI figures are estimated rather than measured.

His current NHLe (very small sample) is equivalent to EP's in 2016 and better than Svechnikov/Kravtsov.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Cozens' play has been more even for me over the last couple of years.

Dach grabbed my attention in 2017, left me wanting last season, and then has come out of the gate charging this season.

Cozens has a certain hockey sense to him that I like to see. I think he's one of those players who is skilled, but has a chance to be more than the sum of his parts because of his understanding of the game.

I'm a bigger fan of Cozens, but Dach has come on strong. I think there is a potential for Cozens to fill out and be a stronger player than he shows at the moment. Both are very good and will probably go top 7.

Cozens is considered the smarter of the two by my guys out west. Not saying he's going to be a Barkov (skills are not elite), but there is a potential for that dominant 3-Zone center with Cozens.

If the Rangers end up with Cozens and Grewe with two 1st round picks this year, I would be very happy.

Keep an eye out on the latter, he will be a riser with more exposure.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

You’re insane. :laugh: Hughes and Kakko are 1&2 regardless of how much you say otherwise :D

Arthur can beat goalies clean with his shot, but also create chances. Very smooth puckhandler, one of those guys that's good enough where the stick is an extension of his body. Great sense of timing too. Put him next to a smart play-making center and you'll see the goals get racked up.

He could go top 10 imo... goal-scoring is valued... especially by guys that can skate and create.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This is false according to some.

Theres a pretty good chance that won't be the case in June either

I'd be shocked if there isn't substantial movement.

You've got some talented wingers in this draft who are somewhat overlooked because everyone is trying to get a good read on all the centers. Without even blinking I can think of two guys who have shown signs that they could have 30 goal potential, and a few others who look very promising as well.

Things are still little up in the air with some of the defensive prospects, but there is some intrigue beyond Byram with guys like Honka and Soderstrom.

Hopefully people can keep that in mind before they start getting tunnel vision for centers.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
theres my riser right there. we certainly needs a true 1C but holy smokes is this kid drool worthy.

hes got the ability to lift the pucks and pick corners at will. hes a natural sniper. thats a 30 goal scorers shot right there.

watch the goals he scores, they are absolute lasers. hard to not drool over that ability to finish.

and hes a rangers fan... :naughty:

Arthur Kaliyev

The truth is that both Kaliyev and Podkolzin could be tough guys to pass on, especially if the Rangers truly like what they potentially have down the middle in Chytil, Andersson and Howden, and maybe even Zibanejad.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
The truth is that both Kaliyev and Podkolzin could be tough guys to pass on, especially if the Rangers truly like what they potentially have down the middle in Chytil, Andersson and Howden, and maybe even Zibanejad.

I think Zibanejad is done... first point streak he gets, they'll try and move him. Which is unfortunate cause it puts them in a tough situation with Hayes.

Reactions: Off Sides

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Zibanejad is done... first point streak he gets, they'll try and move him. Which is unfortunate cause it puts them in a tough situation with Hayes.

I'm guessing the one thing that could extend Zibanejad's tenure here is the potential Hayes situation.

If the Rangers are set on moving Hayes, or at least few it as more likely than not, than I think Zibanejad stays through the season. Aside from the fact that I'm not sure the Rangers want to have two potential second line centers on the market at the same time. Of course, this then puts them on the clock with Zibanejad once the season is over.

Assuming Zibanejad doesn't get his act together. But either way, I think there's probably at least some trepidation about his movement clause.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
hayes is probably/mostly/certainly gone come spring. i think moving Z would be dumb.

mika is certainly better than hes showed but the jury is still out whether hes a true 1C.

as a 2, hes about as good as you would want centering 2 wingers who can get upon and down the ice.

as a 1, i think hes got a ways to go.

this organization needs jack hughes in the worst way.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Right now, I probably would as well. Though I'd probably give long consideration to Dach, Byram, Newhook and Podkolzin.

I'd consider those first three.

Not sure about Podkolzin. Unless we are talking about Hughes or Kakko, who could both end up at center, anyway, I don't want us drafting another winger.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm a bigger fan of Cozens, but Dach has come on strong. I think there is a potential for Cozens to fill out and be a stronger player than he shows at the moment. Both are very good and will probably go top 7.

Cozens is considered the smarter of the two by my guys out west. Not saying he's going to be a Barkov (skills are not elite), but there is a potential for that dominant 3-Zone center with Cozens.

If the Rangers end up with Cozens and Grewe with two 1st round picks this year, I would be very happy.

Keep an eye out on the latter, he will be a riser with more exposure.

Grewe has a bad hockey IQ. He makes very dumb decisions with the puck and off of it. I think he's more of a second round type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad