GDT: Draft 2024 @ 4pm PT, ESPN, ESPN+

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It doesn't impact Anaheim's decision it impact's Chicago's. If the really liked Demidov they may have been willing to give up next year's first for him.
He means Chicago might've only been that aggressive after seeing us pass on demidov.
I totally misread it. I thought it said that was why we passed on Demidov. Read the post too fast. Apologies.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Honestly, this was a pretty wild first round. Lots of fun.

I'm cool with the Sennecke pick because they're obviously very high on him and I trust Madden. 3oa is a pick you can't afford to get wrong, so for them to grab Sennecke speaks very highly of him. They must be sure he's going to be an impact player.

However, I absolutely love that we moved up to grab Solberg. Not a huge price to pay to get the guy you want and now the Ducks walk away with two 1st rounders that the team really, really wanted.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Honestly, this was a pretty wild first round. Lots of fun.

I'm cool with the Sennecke pick because they're obviously very high on him and I trust Madden. 3oa is a pick you can't afford to get wrong, so for them to grab Sennecke speaks very highly of him. They must be sure he's going to be an impact player.

However, I absolutely love that we moved up to grab Solberg. Not a huge price to pay to get the guy you want and now the Ducks walk away with two 1st rounders that the team really, really wanted.

I’m not crazy high on the Sennecke pick, but I also was disappointed when they took Carlsson at 2, Mac at 3 and Lindhiolm at 6, and I’ve been 100% wrong. I’m going to trust the guys who get paid to do this as opposed to keyboard warriors like myself. If they see him as having the highest ceiling after Celibrini I’m all in, and that’s what it seems like they think. Absolutely love the aggressive move to move up and get Solberg.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just got back from the draft (I was in WiFi hell).

Wow, that was an experience I will never forget. The graphics and presentation were unreal. Only criticism I have is they let some picks drag on too long, but that's pretty typical.

Was it impressive on TV?
Did they even have wifi in there? I just toughed it out on mobile data.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Where there’s smoke there’s usually fire, I will agree. I just think this is Z having a polarizing personality thing as opposed to GMPV wanting to move on from a player like Gibson. Pretty sure Gibson would be traded for a 2nd if we could get that deal and I don’t get that same feeling about Zegras. Who knows though, I’m fine with Z being traded so long it makes the team better but I feel that way about every one of our players.

I can't help but wonder if Z's admittedly polarizing personality causes a lot of reporters who don't like him to spin up the trade talk. We have no reason to think Verbeek or Cronin view him as polarizing.

And I don't buy into the verbeek type of player crap. By ALL accounts, Z is a hard worker and coachable. He's small, but battles a fair amount. He's young. I think Verbeek/Cronin and any other management team have a place for a guy like that.

And I agree - any one can be traded if it makes the team better.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I can't help but wonder if Z's admittedly polarizing personality causes a lot of reporters who don't like him to spin up the trade talk. We have no reason to think Verbeek or Cronin view him as polarizing.

And I don't buy into the verbeek type of player crap. By ALL accounts, Z is a hard worker and coachable. He's small, but battles a fair amount. He's young. I think Verbeek/Cronin and any other management team have a place for a guy like that.

And I agree - any one can be traded if it makes the team better.
Maybe polarizing isn’t quite the right word but there’s enough reason to think that there’s friction. Half the fanbase is incensed on how hard Cronin is on him, yet those same people are flabbergasted by the idea that there’s a potential issue?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Another thought I had: Verbeek has improved his public speaking. He did a great job with the dedications on both of our picks. He's not incredible or anything, but definitely better than he used to be.
I agree for the most part, although in those cases, those were prepared speeches. His interview segment that the team posted tonight wasn’t so clean.:laugh:

But yeah, he does seem a lot more relaxed and able to express his thoughts more easily these days. His interviews with Alexis for Ducks Stream, you would have never guessed he struggled badly when he first took the job.

Son of Gib

Nov 14, 2017
Los Angeles
Just got back from the draft (I was in WiFi hell).

Wow, that was an experience I will never forget. The graphics and presentation were unreal. Only criticism I have is they let some picks drag on too long, but that's pretty typical.

Was it impressive on TV?
It was an awesome experience at the sphere. Got great pics with the Cup, the guardian of the Cup, did some heckling, and a Ducks exec gave me a sweet pin of the new logo. Loooots of Sharks fans next to me but everyone was cool.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I would like to get one of the RDs Badinka, Elick, Kleber. Also the Ducks must have their eyes on Skahan. Would be amazing if he was available in the 3rd round. Out of the forwards I gotta say that I like Miettinen the best. I like Eriksson as well though I don't know if he should be taken that early. I doubt he's available in the 3rd round anymore.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We currently have the third pick in round two (#35) then two of the first picks in round three (SJ pick from the Thrun trade plus our own) along with an additional mid 3rd from Pittsburgh.
Curious to see if we try to move up with our 3rds, or maybe we see player movement today

Hoping for badinka/mews at 35…. Wouldn’t mind trading up our 3rds to try to get Kleber/Jecho

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Curious to see if we try to move up with our 3rds, or maybe we see player movement today

If there's still someone there in the 40s that they had well within their first round, it makes total sense. We don't need depth (getting close to having too much), we need to take swings for higher quality assets. Picks 68 + 100 should get us well up into the second round again.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If there's still someone there in the 40s that they had well within their first round, it makes total sense. We don't need depth (getting close to having too much), we need to take swings for higher quality assets. Picks 68 + 100 should get us well up into the second round again.

That’s my thinking we don’t need depth players, we need diamond… if there is gunna s we’re high on. Go get em

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad