Rumor: "Decision has been made" to trade or waive Trouba - Larry Brooks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
wings waive Holl, SJ claims (explains. The 2nd in Walman deal)

Trouba traded to Detroit at 2.5M retained for a 5th or some random prospect

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kind of weird to want to ditch him no matter what (if true) considering he seems to be a decently popular captain
He just isn't worth the 8M pricetag. Frankly never was, but this year he played like a #6/#7 D. Can't have that for 8M, no matter how much you like the guy otherwise.

Now granted, he might bounce back and be even a decent #4 I think. But the Rangers are over with the experiment. Unlike Toronto, seems like the Rangers are actually trying to shake up things a bit with the core.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I mean after watching him play that is the only possible logical conclusion to make. He sucks and makes 8 million dollars for the privilege. You can get a headshot artist cheaper than that.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Bertuzzi isn’t a needle mover though, he just improves how well your needle movers convert mostly on the PP. Someone needs to actually generate the shots that he tips or cleans up rebounds on, he sure as shit isn’t generating any.

That's not what moving the needle is...

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think Trouba is actually a very good captain. He's good with the media, clearly a leader in the locker room, does a lot for the community, and defends his teammates on the ice.

It's just that he sucks at hockey. Well, shouldn't say that, but he was barely #6 caliber last year. Even if he bounces back, he's probably still ideally a #4 MAX. And you just don't pay these guys that much. Certainly not 8 million.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I’m basing of his reporting on the fact that he has no insiders and nothing close to a shred of truth on the trouba situation has been said. It’s all speculation to garner clicks.
Brooks is not the type to just pull s*** out of thin air. Hes never been like that in his 30+ years of reporting. Someone is 110% feeding him info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad