GDT: Draft 2024 @ 4pm PT, ESPN, ESPN+

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
Wasn't a fan of the Sennecke pick would have taken Demidov but Solberg is a fantastic pick exactly what the ducks need. Physical big skating RD.

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
Emily Kaplan just said this on ESPN, FWIW:
“I just don’t think that this kid (Solberg) is gonna be on the roster at the same time as Trevor Zegras. Trevor Zegras is not staying around that long. We all know they’re trying to build a team with a certain identity, and Trevor Zegras’s style doesn’t fit that. He’s better suited elsewhere and I do think a trade is inevitable. I just don’t think it’s imminent. That’s the sense I got talking to Pat Verbeek. They’re gonna take their time.”

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
“I just don’t think that this kid (Solberg) is gonna be on the roster at the same time as Trevor Zegras. Trevor Zegras is not staying around that long. We all know they’re trying to build a team with a certain identity, and Trevor Zegras’s style doesn’t fit that. He’s better suited elsewhere and I do think a trade is inevitable. I just don’t think it’s imminent. That’s the sense I got talking to Pat Verbeek. They’re gonna take their time.”
im sure Pat has told her he intends to trade Zegras. it's all nonsense

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

She says a lot of things. I don’t understand how Zegras’ style doesn’t fit. GMPV constantly stresses hockey IQ and work ethic…Zegras has both in spades.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

Moron

Reactions: DuckRogers10

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I don’t want the Ducks to trade Zegras and I generally don’t think they should but I also think it’s somewhat naive to completely discard that comment as complete and total nonsense or drivel.
just like everyone knew who Pat was gonna draft? or how everyone knew Pat was gonna trade Drysdale? no one knows what Pat is gonna do so thinking Emily Kaplan knows for a fact that Zegras is gone is nonsense

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This Solberg pick kinda made the initial meh of the Sennecke pick worth it.

He's someone I liked around 12-18. Awesome to pick him up.

I didn't even know they were doing prospect interviews in the left corner of the stage area. Saw a bunch of orange moving in the corner of my eye :laugh:

1000061927.jpg

Attachments

• 1000061927.jpg
    1000061927.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
This board needs to get it through their heads that Z is likely headed out at some point via trade. I’ve never seen a group so adamant that something won’t happen and discounting every single report. As much as you want to think they are, these insiders aren’t attaching their name to something they’re just making up

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
just like everyone knew who Pat was gonna draft? or how everyone knew Pat was gonna trade Drysdale? no one knows what Pat is gonna do so thinking Emily Kaplan knows for a fact that Zegras is gone is nonsense
Okay to be fair I do think one of our amateur scouts is a little leaky with carlsson and sennecke being leaked early but trade wise our organization seems air tight

Reactions: dracom

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
This board needs to get it through their heads that Z is likely headed out at some point via trade. I’ve never seen a group so adamant that something won’t happen and discounting every single report. As much as you want to think they are, these insiders aren’t attaching their name to something they’re just making up
just like Gibson was bound to be gone for the last 3 years? sometimes insiders just say shit and hope it's right, but with this team and trades it's usually not right.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
That hasn’t stopped them before lol

In my opinion the narrative had just taken a life of its own and it’s just easier for broadcasters trying to fill dead air to talk about zegras trades than it is to discuss how mctavish needs to tune up his consistency or how Mintyukov needs to work on his passing-shooting bias

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Which credible source has stated he’s being traded? It’s all your clickbaiters like Seravelli and Kaplan who have no history of insider knowledge with the Ducks by my recollection. I 100% believe teams are calling about him and GMPV is listening, like he should be, but that doesn’t mean he’s being shopped or will be traded. Zegras is the most polarizing player the Ducks have ever had, so being in headlines is new for this fanbase.

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
Which credible source has stated he’s being traded? It’s all your clickbaiters like Seravelli and Kaplan who have no history of insider knowledge with the Ducks by my recollection. I 100% believe teams are calling about him and GMPV is listening, like he should be, but that doesn’t mean he’s being shopped or will be traded. Zegras is the most polarizing player the Ducks have ever had, so being in headlines is new for this fanbase.
Its not that is a sure thing. Its the fact there’s smoke from multiple insiders saying this is real. These talks are real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad