Speculation: Post Draft 2024 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Demidov

Votes: 35 40.7%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
I so get the frustration with going defense at #3 when some really skilled offensive guys are available, but we have reason to believe Verbeek has more than one iron in the fire.

Free agency starts Monday and he has six additional picks to move up with if someone else in the first round strikes his fancy.

Trying to view the next few days holistically instead of freaking out about any particular pick I don't love.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I want to know where all this smoke around Buium is coming from today. Yesterday all the articles were about nobody having any idea at all what the Ducks will do, and now today it's 100% Buium. It doesn't add up.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I want to know where all this smoke around Buium is coming from today. Yesterday all the articles were about nobody having any idea at all what the Ducks will do, and now today it's 100% Buium. It doesn't add up.
It's potentially the kind of issue that will set the sports leagues on fire for getting in bed with legalized gambling.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012

Marek said on 32 Thoughts last night his sources said Buium to 3. At that point I was thinking about making a Buium bet at +2000. I didn't and when I woke up today the odds flipped. Now at -200. Not sure if anyone else has reported on Buium at 3.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm a big fan of Buiums talent, but far from a scout. I'm also a big fan of Silayev, which was another player rumored to Anaheim. I think in both cases your team would be adding even more depth to an already stacked and varied U25 roster.
I’m big on buium and levshunov

I don’t mind silayev at like 10… but at 3 I just feel like it’s too vanilla…. Would rather take buium and trade up our oilers pick to aim at elick or Emery

DucksRoll

May 9, 2015
The Verbeek vision of soft gentle giants, skinny undersized offensive man and finesse midgets would be a dream come true for lots of Duck fans. But for standings they will continue to be unwatchable bottom dwellers.
Reminds me of those years we kept losing to Chicago and LA. Hit them into oblivion, people said. We were the tough physical team, and every year we lost. Chicago wasn't the big, tough team, but the won the cup three times while our tough guys were at home making excuses.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
He's a future #1 two way defenseman who can play any situation and people are hung up over the guy who likely will fall outside the top 5 and isn't even in the KHL currently.
Because you’re a fan of said player he’s a guaranteed #1 and has no flaws but anyone else has bust potential and GMs know this as well and can never be wrong because a podcast told you so. Noted. lol

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I'm fine with pretty much any of the top 10 or so ranked guys outside of Parekh and Lindstrom (injury concerns).

I would personally take Demidov because I think he's the most likely to be an elite player after Celebrini in this class. Last year I was firmly against Michkov because Fantilli and Carlsson were there.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Reminds me of those years we kept losing to Chicago and LA. Hit them into oblivion, people said. We were the tough physical team, and every year we lost. Chicago wasn't the big, tough team, but the won the cup three times while our tough guys were at home making excuses.
I’m still triggered by these memories. Tuning into an elimination game, seeing all these big hits into the boards well after the puck was being rushed up the ice elsewhere *shudders*

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Yeah but those teams had plenty of sand paper all through out the line up.

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
Buium is Zellweger with an extra 2 inches attached. What a miss if they waste a 3OA pick on an undersized D with no exceptional tools. And the rebuild continues...
Wow. Cheer up, Charlie. They may have intentionally floated this Zeev rumor to get things moving in the pick trade market. There are all kinds of reasons GMs float rumors. Don't fall on your sword until we actually know what has happened.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I know it shouldn’t be a factor when making a top pick, but choosing a guy from San Diego would be pretty cool. Would he become the highest drafted California native?
From https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/anahe...ts-have-the-ducks-selecting-a-defenseman-at-3

"Buium is from San Diego and his family moved to Laguna Niguel when he was young. He played youth hockey for both the Junior Kings and Junior Ducks. The Hollywood/Disney script is practically writing itself"

It also usually says he's born in Laguna Niguel as well.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Montreal supporter here, feel free to tell me to gtfo if you want to.

Now that Montreal has acquired pick #21, if Demidov is there at #3, how do you feel about swapping #3 for #5+#21.

Didn't read the whole thread sorry if it has been covered already.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Now that Montreal has acquired pick #21, if Demidov is there at #3, how do you feel about swapping #3 for #5+#21.

I’d prob do that…. Specially if we have solid intel on who columbus wants.

But also gtfo … just kidding :)

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022

If we're really not taking Demidov at #3 then yeah f*** it who cares, I view everyone else in the top 10 around the same might as well get an extra 1st round pick.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Most here would do it, but I doubt Verbeek would.

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad