Speculation: Post Draft 2024 Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So now the Ducks will have ShaZam! and Jon Snow on the team.
image.jpg

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Very simple review of game tape would indicate that they play the game very differently. I'd rather you explain where the similarities are aside from size and point production.
Both undersized, both excel offensively, Buium probably slightly better defensively but still struggles against bigger opponents, both left shots, both good IQ. Are they the exact same player? Of course not. Are they so similar as to be redundant? Absolutely. I literally can't believe PV would want a situation where the team is back to two 6' and under D in the top 4. Madness.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I’m just confused how people could love silayev pick and hate buium pick
Neither would be my pick and I'd probably personally prefer Zeev to Silayev at this point but I'd imagine it would be something along the lines of:

1. Silayev big

2. Silayev could maybe be Hedman/Chara 2.0

3. Silayev RD

4. Zeev small

5. Zeev plays with skill not brawn

Not exactly great reasons for liking one and not the other but I'm sure it's fairly accurate

Reactions: DucksRoll and tomd

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Both undersized, both excel offensively, Buium probably slightly better defensively but still struggles against bigger opponents, both left shots, both good IQ. Are they the exact same player? Of course not. Are they so similar as to be redundant? Absolutely. I literally can't believe PV would want a situation where the team is back to two 6' and under D in the top 4. Madness.
Maybe they think Buium is much better/Higher upside and see a scenario where they can move Zellweger down the line?

Buium looks like Makar lite more than zellweger.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Honestly, it's excitement and anxiety all wrapped up into one. I really want to shut my phone OFF and just look forward to the festivities.

I can't remember a buzz much like this one in quite some time.. Not sure if it's because there are so many names being floated around the league as rumors..

What does Buuim have over other defenders? I thought when was on the smaller side.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Buium had some pretty elite stats as a freshman D in NCAA. Like as elite as it gets.

Also where is @tomd getting under 6’ from? I see Buium listed at 6 feet even

Highly recommend this article on him: Why Zeev Buium is one of the 2024 NHL Draft's top prospects

"He was 5-foot-2 in his under-15 season, 5-foot-8 coming out of it after a big growth spurt during COVID-19, and 5-foot-9 when he joined the national program at 16. At the combine, he measured at 6 feet — a listing he was relieved to see — and 186 pounds."

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Very simple review of game tape would indicate that they play the game very differently. I'd rather you explain where the similarities are aside from size and point production.
You are taking me too literally. The are both small offensive left shot D who are going to struggle against bigger and more physical opponents. How many of those types does a team need in their top 4?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
"He was 5-foot-2 in his under-15 season, 5-foot-8 coming out of it after a big growth spurt during COVID-19, and 5-foot-9 when he joined the national program at 16. At the combine, he measured at 6 feet — a listing he was relieved to see — and 186 pounds."
At 18 years and almost 7 months he isn't going to grow much more vertically. Maybe another 1/4".

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
You are taking me too literally. The are both small offensive left shot D who are going to struggle against bigger and more physical opponents. How many of those types does a team need in their top 4?
I don't see Zellweger being here long term if Ducks draft Buium. Mintyukov is bigger and more physical but not lacking skill himself.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ah, my mistake. Still though, it seems your argument about being mad that Verbeek is willing to have Zellweger and Buium in the top 4 centers around the fact that you think we should be drafting for need instead of who we feel is BpA
Building a big heavy hard skating D is not building for need. It's building for necessity. Smaller D tend to disappear in the playoffs. Adam Fox hasn't scored in playoff goal in 3 years. Right now, the Ducks are building a D where almost every player will be under 200 lbs. That's insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad