GDT: Don't watch this game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
He's been having nightmares about Tyler Johnson since 2015. :p

So have the Canes in general, so I'm sure it's a good match.

EDIT: Googled it because I've always thought of Tyler Johnson as a Cane killer. 11-8-19 in 18 career games against the Canes. 11 goals are his most against any team. Only above PPG against us and Edmonton. 2 hat tricks in calendar year 2018 against the Canes.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014

Among my people "cold ring (around one's ass)" is an idiom that means being in state of great alarm or enfrightement.

Sounds about right I guess.

Also for some reason, among my people the name of the prison show "OZ" was translated to "Cold Ring". I can't back up my claim with a picture of a DVD box cover, because apparently the DVD people all feel that was a stupid name and pretend it was aired as OZ all along.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I am here to give my offering to our Lord and Saviour TVMFR. May his grace shine upon us and allow a game of entertainment and no injuries. Praise be to TVMFR!

man-praying1.jpg

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

EDIT: Googled it because I've always thought of Tyler Johnson as a Cane killer. 11-8-19 in 18 career games against the Canes. 11 goals are his most against any team. Only above PPG against us and Edmonton. 2 hat tricks in calendar year 2018 against the Canes.

This time he only gets 2 goals with Mrazek!!

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Canes generally struggle with players that act, and skate as quick as johnson does. Similar to another Cane killer, Zuccarello. If there is a turnover in the neutral zone, and he gets the puck, good f***ing luck defending his journey to the net.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I don't think that's an easy thing to see. In fact, I highly doubt you believe this.
I absolutely do. Tampa spent the back of of last season laying down to teams below them in the standings (no disrespect). They've done a better job of avoiding that this year as a whole, but they've also been pretty soft in their last few games.

They were absolutely controlled for the entirety of the second period last game, and could have easily been down multiple goals going into the third.

If Tampa doesn't respect this game and Carolina wants to prove something by beating the best team in the league, they definitely could leave with a W.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Last season we went 1-2 against the Bolts - an embarrassing 5-1 beat down, the even more embarrassing Tyler Johnson 5-4 one man show (Noah Hanifin's swan song IMO), and the 3-2 overtime win on the last game of the season. They might have been laying down for some folks, for us they were only momentarily leaning over.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
I absolutely do. Tampa spent the back of of last season laying down to teams below them in the standings (no disrespect). They've done a better job of avoiding that this year as a whole, but they've also been pretty soft in their last few games.

They were absolutely controlled for the entirety of the second period last game, and could have easily been down multiple goals going into the third.

If Tampa doesn't respect this game and Carolina wants to prove something by beating the best team in the league, they definitely could leave with a W.

Thanks, but...

giphy.gif

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Am I missing something, or are they actively trying to **** cord cutters? I think this is now 3 of the last 5 games that have not been on Sling.

FS-CR is on Sling, all FS-SE is not- but you can watch on FoxSportsGo by logging in with Sling. Took me a while to figure that out. There is alwaysa workaround.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad