Management Don Sweeney Media Availability 6/27/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Was good. Dude is pretty matter of fact and that makes for a good GM. Definitely doesn't seem overly attached to anyone. You can tell he can't wait for Jake to leave lol Sounds like hes going to make a huge push for a C and if it doesn't work maybe lay in the weeds a bit Also sounds like 2nd pair LD is a pretty big priority to him Wants Lohrei to learn and not have the pressure of a top 4

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
He’s slick. I’ll give him that much.

Well spoken.

He could be Secretary of State.
Says a lot of words.

I won’t say he engages in gaslighting, but it’s something in the neighborhood.

I could definitely see him getting called to the principal’s office and talking his way out of trouble.

I’m sure the Jacobs gobble it right up when he says they’ll remain “highly competitive”.

They have.

If nothing else, they have.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He’s slick. I’ll give him that much.

Well spoken.

He could be Secretary of State.
Says a lot of words.

I won’t say he engages in gaslighting, but it’s something in the neighborhood.

I could definitely see him getting called to the principal’s office and talking his way out of trouble.

I’m sure the Jacobs gobble it right up when he says they’ll remain “highly competitive”.

They have.

If nothing else, they have.
Would love to hear how he’s “in the neighborhood” of gaslighting.

Reactions: jahbrations

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Am I going crazy or does Sweeney say that Goalie Bob has worked with Korpisalo before? Go to 50 sec into the video and hit play, he says "Bob did a lot of work with Joonas when he played his best hockey in LA"

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Am I going crazy or does Sweeney say that Goalie Bob has worked with Korpisalo before? Go to 50 sec into the video and hit play, he says "Bob did a lot of work with Joonas when he played his best hockey in LA"

Yep, that's 100% what he said. Has Bob been moonlighting with other teams? Surely not.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Yep, that's 100% what he said. Has Bob been moonlighting with other teams? Surely not.
That's why I'm so confused, like when would Bob have had the opportunity to work with him? Also how did literally NONE of the professional media people there pick up on that and ask a follow up?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That's why I'm so confused, like when would Bob have had the opportunity to work with him? Also how did literally NONE of the professional media people there pick up on that and ask a follow up?

The sports media aren't very bright and fail to ask logical questions all the time.

But that aside, really baffled by this. Some part-time coaches do some work for different organizations here and there, but I'd always assumed that Essensa was full-time Boston, plus LA is so far away and have their own guy. Don't know what Sweens is talking about here. He does tend to waffle and non-answer, but this was straight up odd. IDK, perhaps I'm missing something??

Reactions: PepeBostones

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The sports media aren't very bright and fail to ask logical questions all the time.

But that aside, really baffled by this. Some part-time coaches do some work for different organizations here and there, but I'd always assumed that Essensa was full-time Boston, plus LA is so far away and have their own guy. Don't know what Sweens is talking about here. He does tend to waffle and non-answer, but this was straight up odd. IDK, perhaps I'm missing something??
The one guy who asked if Kastelic could maybe play in the top 6 was all I needed to know about that group.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Was good. Dude is pretty matter of fact and that makes for a good GM. Definitely doesn't seem overly attached to anyone. You can tell he can't wait for Jake to leave lol Sounds like hes going to make a huge push for a C and if it doesn't work maybe lay in the weeds a bit Also sounds like 2nd pair LD is a pretty big priority to him Wants Lohrei to learn and not have the pressure of a top 4
Yeah I dont expect big moves at wing, also like that hes saying Heinen is a nice to have but wont get in the way of signing what they want. If top 4 LD is the priority then go get Skeji and Lindholm and let the kids fight for their spots or give Freddy a proper chance on l2 with Marchand and Coyle. I can dig it.

Nah, Bussi beats him out,he gets demoted but picks up the Tab at Andinos every Thursday night
Everyone wins
hell be the next peter schaefer

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015

Steve Conroy in the Herald interpreted Sweeney as meaning Essensa had researched Korpisalo's play with the Kings. Donnie's later comment about "Bob doing his work" seem to fit that take.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Ah yes, the notoriously "tough" Boston media lets this guy skate on dealing a recent Vezina winner for a terrible goalie with one of the worst contracts in the league.

Nice to know Essensa has watched Corpse-isalo on video, I have too and he sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad