Speculation: Dominik Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Bad agent.
He is now in that boat of hoping for some injury

I remember Tyler Motte was stubborn on what he was worth last off-season. Nobody offered him anything till a complete prayer happened and archibald had his contract terminated opening the door.

He didn’t fool around this year and took a contract as soon as free agency opened.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Adam Gaudette, who was no loss when he left the Sens and should be mostly a minor league scorer now that he’s returned, is significantly better than Kubalik. Neither guys a regular NHLer

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Kubalik signing overseas was the most obvious call for anyone that watched him "play" last season.

A completely useless player by NHL standards.

The thread is amusing to look back on, a few people thinking Kubalik should be signed by an NHL team. One even said Florida! Yeah, the best team is going to sign a terrible player.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
As an Ambrì fan I really hope he won't get a NHL deal. :D
As an NHL fan, I hope so too ;)

Hope he does well for you guys and I am sure he will. Not quick or rounded enough to be a useful NHLer but he has an NHL shot and size. If he is able to get open and get his shot off, he can score on just about anyone.

Reactions: bert

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
As an NHL fan, I hope so too ;)

Hope he does well for you guys and I am sure he will. Not quick or rounded enough to be a useful NHLer but he has an NHL shot and size. If he is able to get open and get his shot off, he can score on just about anyone.
He's not a good NHL player, that's true, but a perfect player for us. He scored 84 points in 75 games (35 goals) before leaving for the NHL.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Adam Gaudette has been on my team too, he is not better than Kubalik
Maybe he was better but he does no belong in the NHL anymore he was absolutely useless. A blackhole that brought nothing to the table that got plenty of opportunity. Any line he was on was instantly better didnt matter who was put in his place. Now he is gone because no NHL team wanted to give him a contract.

He honestly seemed like a really nice guy, I wanted him to do well I really did. Maybe he lost a small step and that was the difference? Anyways he's going to an amazing place to play id trade lives with him any day but the NHL I think is all but done for him. If he was more physical he could have grinded out a bottom 6 role but he just doesnt finish his checks or win one on one battles anymore.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe he was better but he does no belong in the NHL anymore he was absolutely useless. A blackhole that brought nothing to the table that got plenty of opportunity. Any line he was on was instantly better didnt matter who was put in his place. Now he is gone because no NHL team wanted to give him a contract.

He honestly seemed like a really nice guy, I wanted him to do well I really did. Maybe he lost a small step and that was the difference? Anyways he's going to an amazing place to play id trade lives with him any day but the NHL I think is all but done for him. If he was more physical he could have grinded out a bottom 6 role but he just doesnt finish his checks or win one on one battles anymore.

It's only a 1 year deal I'm not convinced he thinks he's done in the NHL.

The fact It's only a 1 year deal has me thinking he tries again

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's only a 1 year deal I'm not convinced he thinks he's done in the NHL.

The fact It's only a 1 year deal has me thinking he tries again
Sure but he is done. Anyone that watched him last year consistently saw it. Wasnt from lack of opportunity, he is a top 6 or bust player and the NHL is too good of a league for him to play in anyones top 6 at this point.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

By game 15, I was waiting for him to get shut down due to major injury. I couldn’t believe he was healthy.

Clearly a step too slow, but also processes too slowly and - final nail in the coffin for a slow, indecisive guy who can do his only standout skill while literally standing still - he does not embrace physicality. You can have a lot of time, even as a slow guy, if you fight well and hard for it, but Kubalik doesnt have that in his game. Maybe that can change? But the Kubalik I saw had a very long way to go on that front.

I agree that he seems like a good guy and a good pro, I absolutely wish the best for him and would love to watch him play any day… just not with NHLers

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Ahhhh! A friend from Uri! Well, close enough! :)
Si, I grew up in Uri! Most of the people from Uri are tifosi dell Ambrì. I had season tickets for many years until my first child was born. You're from Lugano? Well, you must be due to the last 4 letters of your name. :D

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Si, I grew up in Uri! Most of the people from Uri are tifosi dell Ambrì. I had season tickets for many years until my first child was born. You're from Lugano? Well, you must be due to the last 4 letters of your name. :D
Good to see that there are fans of Ambrí coming from Uri! I was sure that there must‘ve been some, but season ticket holder, wow that‘s dedication. Good on you! Maybe you and your kid(s) can come to see some more games at the new Valascia sometimes.

Yes, you guessed it right: I am a fan of Ambrí’s top rival team. I saw my first HC Lugano game in 1978 (Lugano Langenthal 5-2). I have been to many many NLB and NLA games for about 20 years (for example I was there in Davos when we won the first title in 1986), then I moved to the US (Boston suburbs) and stayed there for more than a decade and now I am back in Ticino.

Reactions: SwissLeaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad