Player Discussion Dominik Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Player Cards

I think Middle Six is a good way to look at him. On this team we have 5 better top 6 players.
If they add Tarasenko make that 6.. (I don't think they will)
Tatar is another middle six player.
So One may call him top 6 while another calls him top 9 .. No point in arguing about that.

Excellent. Our biggest problem last year was finishing with Norris out. We have play drivers like Stutzle, Giroux and Batherson.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Would you consider 3 yrs long term for a 31 yr old coming off a 50 pt season? It seems he is close to signing with Carolina though, that would be unfortunate but we still have some options.

I like Greig a lot but he might need just a little more time in Belleville maybe half a season. I like Sokolov too & he has done everything asked of him in Belleville but just not sure of his future here.
If Tarasenko remains healthy and able to fit in with the top 6 and score 50+ points per season for the length of the contract, that would be good depending on the AAV. However Tarasanko has been injured and heading towards his mid-30s, so there is some risk involved.

I agree that Greig probably needs more time to develop and mature in Belleville.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is their a top 6 RW out there that might be available that Ottawa could sign cheap to get rid of a few guys? What about Oskar Sunqvist RW? He is a UFA & would cost nothing & he's cheap & big. That leaves several assets to use to trade for Laughton.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Sunqvist
Laughton - Norris - Giroux
Kubalik - Pinto - Batherson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is their a top 6 RW out there that might be available that Ottawa could sign cheap to get rid of a few guys? What about Oskar Sunqvist RW? He is a UFA & would cost nothing & he's cheap & big. That leaves several assets to use to trade for Laughton.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Sunqvist
Laughton - Norris - Giroux
Kubalik - Pinto - Batherson
Sundqvist is a bottom 6 guy .. switch him with Batherson.
Wings traded him to the Wild for a 4th round pick last March and currently available. Still more value than Joseph.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sundqvist is a bottom 6 guy .. switch him with Batherson.
Wings traded him to the Wild for a 4th round pick last March and currently available. Still more value than Joseph.
I had him there because he is not a line driver & neither is Kubalik & it's to be determined whether Pinto is, but I doubt it too. If we put Batherson on the 3rd line that gives us a line driver & playmaker on every line to distribute the puck & potentially increase the offence for every line. I don't see a Kubalik - Pinto - Sunqvist line being very good at handling or distributing the puck, do you?

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Another minus forward added to our roster HAHAHA

Going to be another comically disastrous season for 5on5 play

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
He's valuable because Pierre Dorion can go in front of the media and call him a replacement for DeBrincat on the 2nd line. Prepare to hear "20 goal scorer" and "scored almost as many goals as DeBrincat" repeated over and over by Dorion and his media mouthpieces.
He's not as good offensively as DeBrincat, but I already like his attitude and playing style better from what I've watched and looked at stats wise.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I really think this guy could work for us. Give him a chance to play top line with Stu and G he might break 60pts

Kubalik - Stutzle - Giroux
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Grieg - Pinto - Joseph
Smejkal - Kastelic - Macewen/Sokolov

Reactions: aragorn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I really think this guy could work for us. Give him a chance to play top line with Stu and G he might break 60pts

Grieg - Pinto - Joseph
Could definitely hit 60 on a line with Stu and Giroux

Won't have a dominant line offensively like last year, but would spread the talent around.

Reactions: Cosmix

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I don't see them dominating personally, but I'm much, much lower on Norris than everyone else

With you on this, especially coming off a lost year and a severe injury.

People expecting a 35+ goal explosion may be disappointed this year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Grieg - Pinto - Joseph
3rd line needs an upgrade imo.

Not sure about Smejkal suitability/fit to a 4th line role with Kastelic and MacEwen.

Kelly will be a 13 over Sokolov

Top 6 looks good. There are options .. top heavy lineup with a big drop off again imo.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I don't see them dominating personally, but I'm much, much lower on Norris than everyone else

You don't think the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line that has proven success as a 1st line would play great against 2nd line competition?

I guess dominate might be a big word.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
You don't think the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line that has proven success as a 1st line would play great against 2nd line competition?

I guess dominate might be a big word.

Norris is still just 24. He missed what was at least in part a development year with a major injury.

I think it's really hopeful to project that line to return to its former glory any time soon. Would not be surprised if Norris starts the year cold.

Reactions: Cosmix

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Norris is still just 24. He missed what was at least in part a development year with a major injury.

I think it's really hopeful to project that line to return to its former glory any time soon. Would not be surprised if Norris starts the year cold.

With ADB gone, and his new contract looming over him, he's really going to be on the hot seat to start out the season.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

I think the point I’m getting at is even with lower expectations, they will be playing easier competition and the other two have improved since that line was first created.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Not sure about Smejkal suitability/fit to a 4th line role with Kastelic and
Read somewhere that he plays with alot of physicality and has a been a PPG bruiser for the past 2 seasons now in some pro euro league. Could turn out being another Zub if he can be a solid bottom 6 player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad