Player Discussion Dominik Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Didn’t he just score 20 while playing with Larkin and getting prime PP time? He’s not scoring the same amount on a 3rd line. Formenton is a much better fit as a 3rd liner.
No. He played with some combination of Copp/Suter/Veleno as his center more than he played with Larkin. He got less than 15 minutes a game in primarily a 3rd line role apart from a hot couple months with Larkin and then he got yanked off the top line never to return. If he got steady top line icetime all year, he's 30+30 easy.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
At this point, as long as he fits in the 2nd line and doesn't drag them down, it will be ok for the season. Not great, but ok.

We really have to hope the cap skyrockets next summer. (And that Andy is willing to spend to the cap.)

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not convinced of consistent production from him. He potted 20 last year, but 9 of those came by November 19th. He potted 11 from that point onwards.
If he did that for the sens last year they probably make the playoffs. He's been consistent in his NHL career. 2.5 million for 20 goals and 40 + points isn't bad. Should slot in on the 2nd line with Batherson and Norris. Decent motor and skater. He's not small either.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Stutzle is definitely a talent that can carry guys, so he might get Kubalik to 30 goals who knows and he will have Giroux to help him.

They should put back Brady-Norris-Batherson together as that was our most impressive dominant healthy line.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Stutzle is definitely a talent that can carry guys, so he might get Kubalik to 30 goals who knows and he will have Giroux to help him.

They should put back Brady-Norris-Batherson together as that was our most impressive dominant healthy line.
I agree. Seems Kubalik has some size, which would in theory complement Giroux on a line with Stu, but I'm not sure how much he uses said size.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
It you guys get Tarasenko as well, Kubalik will do well for you. Detroit's injuries meant he was up and down the line-up and his lack of consistency furthered that movement.

Lovely sense for finding soft areas. Good shot, both 1-timer and wrist. Started last season on fire, but after November (oft playing with lesser line mates) he had long cold streaks. Complimentary scorer who will never drive a line or take over a game, but if with linemates who can create space and pass, he can be a weapon. If you don't get Tarasenko, wouldn't be surprised to see him pot 30 for you guys on your second line. If on 3rd line,15-20 is more realistic.

Young enough to maintain his level for a while, and one of those guys who seriously elevates his effectiveness when playing with better linemates. If paired with 2 absolutely top draw guys, could produce very well at a cheap price. If with Stu & Giroux could pop off, but will always run hot or cold.

If he's willing to renew with you, could be a very positive addition.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
It you guys get Tarasenko as well, Kubalik will do well for you. Detroit's injuries meant he was up and down the line-up and his lack of consistency furthered that movement.

Lovely sense for finding soft areas. Good shot, both 1-timer and wrist. Started last season on fire, but after November (oft playing with lesser line mates) he had long cold streaks. Complimentary scorer who will never drive a line or take over a game, but if with linemates who can create space and pass, he can be a weapon. If you don't get Tarasenko, wouldn't be surprised to see him pot 30 for you guys on your second line. If on 3rd line,15-20 is more realistic.

Young enough to maintain his level for a while, and one of those guys who seriously elevates his effectiveness when playing with better linemates. If paired with 2 absolutely top draw guys, could produce very well at a cheap price. If with Stu & Giroux could pop off, but will always run hot or cold.

If he's willing to renew with you, could be a very positive addition.
I legit hope both sens and red wings do well. That way my friend and I can also have a good rivalry (she's a rødt vinger fan).

Reactions: lomekian

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I like Kubalik as a middle-6 option, but not as a fixture at 2LW.

Unless Murray gets bought out, or we make a cap clearing move, we can't afford Tarasenko which is disappointing.

I'd have rather not taken Kubalik back, and simply signed Tarasenko.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So... top 9 options that include some known commodity lines:

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Kubalik-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Joseph

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Kubalik-Stutzle-Giroux
Greig-Pinto-Joseph

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Stutzle-Giroux
Kubalik-Pinto-Joseph

Tkachuk-Norris-Joseph
Greig-Stutzle-Giroux
Kubalik-Pinto-Batherson

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
As I posted earlier, he's averaged 24 goals per 82 over 4 years which is T73 in that span. He's also been credited with more than a hit per game over that span so there's some physicality to his game as well.

He's definitely able to produce at a top 6 rate and in reality if he can pot 25 from the 2nd line, that's a luxury

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Nothing wrong with Kubalik in the top 6. You don't need six stars in the top 6. What we need is better depth. We'll see who we add from here.

Thats kind of where I'm at. Taranseko would be nice for sure, but if the sens end up with two 35 to 45 point wingers for their middle 6 in place of debrincat I think that they'll be better off.

Assuming Norris stays healthy.

Reactions: bert and aragorn

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Found this video highlight package of Kubalik's 30-goal rookie season with the Hawks:

Watching these highlights; opportunistic is the word that came to mind for me.
As someone mentioned, he has averaged 24 goals over 82 games.

I don't think that his guy will be out of place at all on the second line.
I think that he would be good on a line with Stutzle & Giroux and then bring back the
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line. If you can add Tatar/Formenton for the third line, that makes 3 very solid lines and a capable 4th line with Kastelic and 2 of MacEwen/Smejkal/Sokolov/Kelly

Reactions: gab6511 and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Trade Joseph & Brannstrom for Laughton LW.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Laughton - Norris - Giroux
Kubalik - Pinto - Sokolov

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Trade Joseph & Brannstrom for Laughton LW.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Laughton - Norris - Giroux
Kubalik - Pinto - Sokolov
Why would you put Laughton over Kubalik? Kubalik is the better player

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
If he did that for the sens last year they probably make the playoffs. He's been consistent in his NHL career. 2.5 million for 20 goals and 40 + points isn't bad. Should slot in on the 2nd line with Batherson and Norris. Decent motor and skater. He's not small either.
What I find funny is the number of posters that want to call Kubalik poor, mediocre, a journeyman etc. The guy will probably score 20 goals with the Senators making $2.5 million a year. DBC scored 27 last year with a $6.4 million cap hit. I'll take 20 goals at that lower price all the time.

Reactions: ColinM

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
As with the Hamonic trade let’s see what the team looks like. Kubalik shouldn’t be the worst guy to re-sign and he is always top 3-4 scoring on whatever team he’s on. Meaning he’s generating the offence. He won’t have to do that here.

Think about how starved his teams were for offence. He has consistently been the top 3-4 scorer on every team he’s been on. He should easily be 6-7 on this team if not lower. I like it. I hope we re-sign him. Could be a good bargain deal.

Dorion

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why would you put Laughton over Kubalik? Kubalik is the better player
Because Laughton has experience with Giroux, but it makes no difference, I'm quite sure they will move them around to get the best fit throughout the season.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad