Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Max Domi signs extension with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $3.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Hold the f*** up....What about the taxes? Didn't he use the Calculator and realize he could have made WAYYYYYYYYY more in Tampa, Florida, Nashville, Vegas, Dallas, or Seattle? WTF, sucks Toronto had to pay so much more for Domi because of evil taxes.

Yes. He is giving up 532k per year compared to the same contract in Tampa.

Provided
1.) a no tax team would have taken him at that
2.) he would have got term for the first time ever.
3.) he still got a raise from his last 2 contracts.

Not every ufa has the opportunity to play in a low tax market.

We will have to see what players of his ilk (9 g 47 pts) make this year to see if this is a discount

Reactions: BM14

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I actually said yay outloud. I was so worried they would choose Bert over Domi (and I like Bert and would like him back if possible) but Domi is just made to be a Leaf.

Awesome chemistry with Matthews too which let's Marner play lower in the lineup and makes us deeper.
Bad player for a bad team. Fits perfect.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Solid deal. Don’t see too many of those in Leafland. Wouldn’t be shocked to seem a big year or two in there that makes it look like a steal.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Yes. He is giving up 532k per year compared to the same contract in Tampa.

Provided
1.) a no tax team would have taken him at that
2.) he would have got term for the first time ever.
3.) he still got a raise from his last 2 contracts.

Not every ufa has the opportunity to play in a low tax market.

We will have to see what players of his ilk (9 g 47 pts) make this year to see if this is a discount
Let’s see if the OP will give up 14% of his earnings as a general labourer now…

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He’s the perfect winger for Matthews. Pass first, gritty and sticks up for team mates. We do not need Marner @12 million.

A deal under 4 for that term is tidy.

Domi is not gritty... he sucker punches people, and this is coming from a fan of his and the Leafs.

He is a skilled player who primarily uses his stick.

Signing is great by the way, slightly under his value and the term is good, I like it a lot.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad