Does Toronto win the Cup within the next 10 seasons?

Does Toronto win the Cup within the next 10 seasons?

• Yes

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 106 91.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
We have a 4 year “window” (if that’s what these group can have)

Then at best a 3-5 year rebuild and maybe 2 years of contention

So no we probably don’t

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Impossible to say. 10 years is an eternity in the sports world. 10 years ago Florida was a disaster franchise drafting #1 overall and now they're the cup champs.

Safe bet is no though.

Reactions: uncleben

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
I think they do. With the talent they have and re-adjustments like they're making, I think they're heading in the right direction. The stars could align for them in the next 10 years.

Reactions: banks

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
IMG_7401.jpeg

Reactions: Wings4Life and olli

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Not as long as a billion dollar corporation is the owner. They give zero fracks about winning. They hire the most incompetent people to run their franchise.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
if the playoffs were called like the regular season.. maybe.

But I’m not sure the core the maple leafs have can handle the intensity that comes with the playoffs.

Crow

May 19, 2014
No easy no. Probably not 20 because this current core doesn’t have it in them clearly, not even close, just getting worse, and it’s going to take a long time to build a new one again.

olli

Most unbiased user
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
No but this poll will be more lob-sided than if the same poll was done for any other team even though the leafs realistically have a higher chance than half the league.

Reactions: uncleben

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think they do. With the talent they have and re-adjustments like they're making, I think they're heading in the right direction. The stars could align for them in the next 10 years.
:laugh: Heading in the right direction? A year ago they finally made it out of the first round, then this year they once again couldn't even win a round. That seems to be taking a step back, not forward.

And that doesn't even touch on the fact their core STILL hasn't shown an ability to raise their game when it matters.

So I'm not really sure what "adjustments" you're referring to, or what steps in the right direction they've taken.

Reactions: Kerberos

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Their star players have yet to take over a series and the cap space they take up puts a strain on the rest of their depth. Most likely they don’t win a Cup. We’ll see what they do post-Tavares but I can’t see how this current core gets it done.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Probably not, a decade is a long time though.

It’s a flawed roster with way too much money tied to 4 players. Obvious solution was to trade Marner a while ago or even beter not signing Tavares in the first place.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm genuinely surprised by Toronto's lack of playoff success so far, for what it's worth.

It's hard to predict an actual cup win - but based on their teams over the past few years, I truly believed many times they were bound for playoff success in some way. I thought they might surprise and make the finals last year for example, with the East seeming a bit more wide open than usual.

I guess what I'm saying is, their fortunes have to change at some point. So I absolutely expect them to have a monster playoff run with this core in the next 2-3 years at least once. Does that mean a cup? I dunno - unlikely, but possible.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Still too soft, weak, fragile and heartless. Add a crippling mindset of management more excited over handshake respect than actually producing a contender team or accomplishing some modicum of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad