Does Toronto win the Cup within the next 10 seasons?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does Toronto win the Cup within the next 10 seasons?

• Yes

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 106 91.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
@Sidney the Kidney: They just got Berube as coach, Chris Tanev as a right-shooting defenseman, OEL as another defenseman, and Stolarz as possible starter. Plus, 10 years is a long time.

Tanev doesn't move the needle in the slightest. The core can't score when it matters, Tanev doesn't do shit with that. Berube is just a meathead. I'd take Dean Evason over him. Hate that hire.

We’ll see what they do once JT and Marner’s money comes off the books next summer. If they don’t re-sign Marner and use his money to balance out the roster I can see them winning the cup. If they re-sign Marner, then no.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Easy “no” because this (like so many questions on here) is about picking one team against the field. For each of the next ten years, I choose the combined chances of every other team in the league over Toronto. And anyone gloating that they knew Toronto (or any single team) wouldn’t win is a twit.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Tanev doesn't move the needle in the slightest. The core can't score when it matters, Tanev doesn't do shit with that. Berube is just a meathead. I'd take Dean Evason over him. Hate that hire.

We’ll see what they do once JT and Marner’s money comes off the books next summer. If they don’t re-sign Marner and use his money to balance out the roster I can see them winning the cup. If they re-sign Marner, then no.
With players like Tanev, OEL, and Stolarz they're marginally more likely to not be in that position where they need that late goal. Although they won, what, one playoff round recently, they faced some decent to good playoff opposition (Tampa Bay, Florida, Boston).

The Leafs could catch lightning in a bottle in the next season or so with their current core, or they win sans Marner like you said, or they could win down the road closer to the 10 year mark from now. All of these are possible. There are always players that want to play for the Maple Leafs because of all the players from Ontario, etc. There is also prestige for playing for a big market that is appealing for some players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad