Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Hopefully once Marner and Tavares is gone they can build a team that can win and we will be busy celebrating

Why should we be waiting? Shouldn’t we be wanting to celebrate success this coming season?

Too bad we lost Bertuzzi at Marners expense. Bertuzzi Matthews Domi line was dominant. Another player lost because of Marners fat contract.

How does this make any sense? We lost Bertuzzi because of Nylander’s contract extension not Marner lol. Seems odd to blame Marner for the loss of Bertuzzi tbh.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Why should we be waiting? Shouldn’t we be wanting to celebrate success this coming season?

How does this make any sense? We lost Bertuzzi because of Nylander’s contract extension not Marner lol. Seems odd to blame Marner for the loss of Bertuzzi tbh.
.... when a player makes 11 million and is as dreadful as Marner in playoffs... we are losing quality players at his expense.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

Absolutely we should be wanting to celebrate this coming season but 8 years of evidence says we probably won’t be. I have seen nothing that indicates this core can get it done. We keep fiddling around with the supporting players to make no difference

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I literally said in my post that he was "that guy" against Tampa.

Agreed you did say that but you're clearly being disingenuous when you say he was back to his old self in the Boston series, he is a PPG player over the last 4 series and before that Boston series was above a PPG over the last 3 series, his recent "old self" is not less than half a point a game.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Hopefully once Marner and Tavares is gone they can build a team that can win and we will be busy celebrating
IMO if they let Mitch walk they clearly have indications' that someone better is going to be available.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Racer88

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Cowan may be a really good NHL player, but that’s a lot of pressure to put on the kid. Even if he is a superstar he’ll need a surrounding cast, in particular a number one D. For 10 yrs we’ve waiting for them to draft and develop young D and they refuse to try.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

I agree. This is my problem with the three. They refused to take a discount so they could be surrounded by a better supporting cast and then they wilt in the playoffs whenever it gets difficult. This is why I have had enough of running them back. It will never work.

Instead of running it back, this team needs a blockbuster trade like the Jays, Raptors and Panthers made to get them over the hump.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Absolutely we should be wanting to celebrate this coming season but 8 years of evidence says we probably won’t be. I have seen nothing that indicates this core can get it done. We keep fiddling around with the supporting players to make no difference
Let’s see if they can change it little this year and adding a little chaos might be the best thing for this season.

That’s better than planning a cup parade after they squeak out an OT win against TTOE on opening night, followed by 81 games of going through the motions knowing there’s a 0% chance they can get to the Eastern final.

Reactions: Racer88

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Too bad we lost Bertuzzi at Marners expense. Bertuzzi Matthews Domi line was dominant. Another player lost because of Marners fat contract.

Indeed too bad we lost a guy who generates 43 points vs a guy who generates 100 points... remember when Bert had 6 goals between Oct to mid Feb? Yeah that is the guy you want over a 100 point guy. Your trolling is getting out of hand..

Reactions: BraveCanadian

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Indeed too bad we lost a guy who generates 43 points vs a guy who generates 100 points... remember when Bert had 6 goals between Oct to mid Feb? Yeah that is the guy you want over a 100 point guy. Your trolling is getting out of hand..
We lost Bert because Nyander (4.5m increase) and Matty ate up the cap increase and more. Marner has cost us players and has never put up 100 points in a season. 3 points in 7 playoff games vs Boston for $11m. Truth is, if Matty is not scoring and the PP is limp, Marner is not putting up elite numbers in the playoffs. He is a 16g player in the playoffs for $11m.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
We lost Bert because Nyander (4.5m increase) and Matty ate up the cap increase and more. Marner has cost us players and has never put up 100 points in a season. 3 points in 7 playoff games vs Boston for $11m. Truth is, if Matty is not scoring and the PP is limp, Marner is not putting up elite numbers in the playoffs. He is a 16g player in the playoffs for $11m.
?How is it you ignore he was obviously injured last season but whenever Mathews isn’t producing many fans regurgitate he is obviously injured?

Reactions: Craig Button

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Another 8 years anyway for Marner,You are patient. A rare quality around here
I can’t see him signing an 8 yr contract this time. That would put him at 36 and likely won’t hang around after that. If he plays it right he can make roughly another 120 million in his career by signing a 4 yr deal then a 7 yr UFA.

Reactions: Evilhomer

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I can’t see him signing an 8 yr contract this time. That would put him at 36 and likely won’t hang around after that. If he plays it right he can make roughly another 120 million in his career by signing a 4 yr deal then a 7 yr UFA.
Maybe but expecting a big contract at 31 is a gamble. I’d be happy if he took 4 years, we definitely would have had his best years by then.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
?How is it you ignore he was obviously injured last season but whenever Mathews isn’t producing many fans regurgitate he is obviously injured?
He didn't look injured scoring his lone goal. Interesting how some fans shit on Hyman who we know played with a torn ACL vs Boston and came back from a nasty knee on knee injury late in the season vs Montreal, yet now some claiming Marner was hurt with nothing to back it up.

If somebody put it out there that he played hurt, it will take some of the heat off him. I haven't heard anything.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Good luck. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you thought the Hyman deal would not age well, Marner for 7 years at age 31 will be worse than the Tavares deal.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Good luck. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you thought the Hyman deal would not age well, Marner for 7 years at age 31 will be worse than the Tavares deal.
That’s for someone else to worry about.

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
He didn't look injured scoring his lone goal. Interesting how some fans shit on Hyman who we know played with a torn ACL vs Boston and came back from a nasty knee on knee injury late in the season vs Montreal, yet now some claiming Marner was hurt with nothing to back it up.

If somebody put it out there that he played hurt, it will take some of the heat off him. I haven't heard anything.

I guess you missed the pic when he met Berube well after the series ended (3 weeks), Still blackened calf. I can only imagine what it looked like when the series began.

Last edited:
Reactions: Craig Button

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

Dubas and Hunter botched one of the greatest draft classes of all time.

Trading down on the pick that ultimately landed Konecny was bad enough. But then passing over Sebastion Aho just adds insult to injury. The Leafs ended up with Dermott, Bracco, and Dzierkals instead.

Thank god they drafted Marner instead of Hanifin or this would have been one of the biggest whiffs in Leafs history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad